49| The Way I Loved You (Publishing) + Floating [COMPLETED]

The Way I Loved You

The Way I Loved You

Emily has always read romances. Now it is time for her to find romance.

***

From reading The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood, to watching 10 Things I Hate About You, to listening to You are in Love by Taylor Swift, Emily’s life is a sum of moments she has spent after romance. Watching, reading, listening or daydreaming, romance has never failed to comfort this high school junior of 17 years of age. She has her own issues: self-sabotage, random mood swings, lack of focus in studying, randomly popping up acne and not loving the way she looked. But she could forget all that as long as she is reading about two people falling in love and finding their happily ever after.

Emily wants a romance for herself too, and she knows just the person for it: Landon McArther, a senior in her school. According to Emily, Landon is handsome, sophisticated, well-spoken, and unlike any of the immature boys in her class who didn't get her at all. Landon is everything Emily has always dreamed about and moreover, he appreciates her for the person she is. But there's just a teeny-tiny problem.

Landon McArther has a girlfriend.

While that wasn't on Emily's bingo card, she hopes, prays, and longs for the day Landon will be single because he is Emily’s soulmate, and he has to be, and she awaits her chance for romance. At the same time, her seatmate in chemistry, the rumored delinquent and grumpy assholiest asshole Nathan Callahan, makes fun of her romantic dreams.

Can Emily ever find true love?

*****

Floating

"First lesson: when someone hugs you, you hug them back. Like this."

I grab his hands and wrap them around me. Oliver swallows.

I stand on my tiptoe and hug him. "Now, hug me back. Properly this time."

Oliver wraps one of his arms around my shoulder and the other around my waist, "You think I don't know how to hug?"

"You aren't doing a good job right now. If this was a test, you'll fail."

"You never gave me the chance."

"You have the chance right now."

Suddenly, Oliver pulls me towards him, crushing the little distance between us, hugging me tight and knocking the breath out of my body. He buries his face in my hair, "Any better?"

****

Gwen Bradbury's life is a torture to her. She is floating above everyone else, where her existence is like a void, eating her up from the inside, little by little every day. It isn't visible to anyone else around her how she is losing herself. Gwen wants freedom. She wants to escape. But she is not one to give up. The darkness and demons can't do anything to her, not again.She will fight till she cant take it no more.

Oliver Carlson is not your typical boy next door. He is not the popular bad boy with a dark past you will find in every book. Oliver is not cocky, not famous, not one with eight pack abs. He is Oliver, quiet, silent, hiding in shadows, away from everyone else, on his own. He has learned to keep to himself, build his suits of armors up and shut everyone out. Nobody really knows him. He doesn't care. What hurts is that when his popular brother Owen Carlson gets everything he wants, leaving Oliver nothing.

So when Gwen Bradbury unintentionally unexpectedly crashes in Oliver Carlson's life, she tries to convince him that life is beautiful with her broad smile and crazy endeavours. Oliver does quite the opposite by shutting her out on the outside but maybe secretly slowly letting her own a piece of his heart.

But what happens when both Oliver and Gwen are faced with disasters that make their second skin fall apart in front of their eyes abandoning only the truth?

Cover:

Praises for floating:

"How is it possible for someone already have written such an amazing book and on top of it write another one," - Nani2096, A reader of 'In Too Deep' about Floating.

"I love you and your books so muchh. The recent Floating chapter almost made me cry because it was so beautiful. I hope one day your books will get published and I'll be sure to buy them." - sel__h

"Exquisite as usual! I love being able to relate so closely to this character (Gwen). The realism brings a sense of satisfaction knowing that there's a person, even a fictional one, that understands. Keep up the stellar work!♥ - mirpieps2001

The book is completed and brand new. Happy reading!

Check my profile @njhpiper for the book.