16| M a s o n

Who crowned you
Queen of you think "You're too cool"
Making beautiful look ugly
The way you put yourself above me

- Queen, Shawn Mendes

16| Mason

Jack was a lifesaver. He had changed the mood. Evelyn was not moping anymore. She was screaming at the top of her lungs. What an improvement!

"Argh! I will kill you!" Evelyn exclaimed.

Improvement indeed.

Mason had just bumped Evelyn's car and it had cost her a lifeline. Evelyn had three lifeline left where Mason had it full.

"This isn't working!" She yelled and handled the controller in a way, Mason was afraid she was gonna break it.

Mason was driving without any problem. After a little while, he felt a sharp elbow jabbing in his stomach. Evelyn was leaning on him with her elbow in his stomach. Mason had an idea it was intentional. Nonetheless he held on to his controller. He would not lose so easily. He was not Jack whose snoring was heard. He was sleeping on the other corner of the couch.

Moments later, Jack squealed.

"What are you doing?" Evelyn said, "Cheer for me."

"Three cheers for Evelyn. Hip-hip-hooray." He said half-yawning.

"I haven't won yet, you dumbhead. Cheer so I can win." She said and leaned on to Mason again as her car was tilting left.

"Evelyn! Evelyn! Evelyn will wi-" Jack yawned and after a while Mason could heard him snoring.

"Your cheerleader isn't really passionate about it." Mason snorted.

"Shut up!" She said and Mason could feel her feet stomping his.

Heck if he thought they would have a fair game.

But it didn't bother him much. Evelyn's feet couldn't make him move or lose control as she expected. However, whenever she leaned towards him, he would get distracted.

Once, she leaned so close that Mason could feel her perfume overpowering the air he was breathing.

Damn.

He gulped as her hair brushed on his face. Mason didn't know if that was intentional too. Either way, he couldn't see what's going on the screen, neither could he concentrate.

He shook his head and somehow got back his view as Evelyn turned a little bit to the left. Evelyn was catching up really fast. A few seconds more, her car would be beside his one. The speed he was going, if Evelyn bumped, he would crash. And he could not let that happen.

Time to bring out my weapon. He thought.

Mason kept thinking and thinking how he could make Evelyn lose control. Suddenly an idea struck his head. It was not the best of all of them.