44| E v e l y n

My heart's been borrowed
And yours has been blue
All's well that ends well to end up with you
Swear to be over dramatic and true
To my Lover

- Lover, Taylor Swift

44| Evelyn

After they reached home, Dad helped Mason out of the car. He got him in the living room. He was struggling by then so Evelyn stood by Mason taking his weight.

"I told you I am getting old," Evelyn's dad complained.

"The first aid box is in my room." Evelyn said.

"You can get fresh clothes from my room. Look at him. He can barely walk," Dad said.

Mason shook his head. Evelyn helped him through the stairs. Getting into the room, she helped him sit on the bed.

Getting the first aid, she set to work. She wiped his face of all the dirt and dried blood. She cleaned the wound on the side of his face. She wiped the side of his lips. Mason hissed in pain but said nothing. 

Evelyn would never thought she had to do this with him even in her nightmare. While wiping the rest of the blood off, Evelyn's hand shook.

Her hands were shaking horribly. Panic seized her senses. She collapsed down on the floor with her hands on her lap, her teeth chattering.

He is fine, he is fine. Evelyn chanted. But it didn't help. He is right here in front of me.

Every emotion Evelyn had pushed down came rushing back like a force knocking over her senses. Her heart beat went haywire and the tears spilled. Evelyn let out a sob.

"Evelyn," She heard Mason whisper and she was hugged, tight and she heard him hissing in pain. He was on the floor with Evelyn, hugging her tight.

Her tears was spilling violently.Her heart beat didn't calm down. Her pulse was high. Everything in her ached. It felt horrible. Evelyn shivered and screamed burying her head in him. Evelyn wanted to hit him. Evelyn wanted to scream on his face.

After a few moments it all died down. The heart beat returned to normal. Her pulse was normal. The pain in her throat and shoulders had eased away. The anxiety attack was over.

Evelyn was wrapped in his arms, her tears soaking in his shirts, her hair chapped on her face. The room was silent other than their breathing.

Evelyn pulled back and wiped her tears away. The anxiety attack was gone but she was aching, aching for a different reason now. She struggled with words. She didn't want to look up at his face. She was waiting for him to say something, to speak.

Mason was quiet. He said nothing for a long time. He fiddled with his shirt.

Finally he spoke, "I am at loss for words."