Helping Hand Theory

Gabriella

After watching Artemi leave I realized I had some soul searching to do. Watching him leave was impossibly hard and I found myself stuck. I've never missed someone before... I've never been close enough to somebody to miss them. But two weeks is a long time in anyone's sense and the way he left... yeah that most defiantly didn't help.

I sit in my office drawing like I do most days. A simple bouquet of flowers because I love flowers more than most things in the world and drawing them makes me happy. It was about 8 in the morning and I was pretty happy because I got four hours of sleep last night. Baby steps are better than no steps.

My phone starts ringing and I sigh, I wasn't in the mood for random meetings or clients needing to talk. My brain was quite fried and I don't know how much help I would be right now.

I was shocked to see that it was Lindsey calling me. I completely forgot Jonathan gave her my number to find me that last preseason game.

"Hello" I answer a little questionable.

"Hey girly! What are you doing right now" she asks.

"Nothing of particular interest" I admit.

"What does that mean" she asks.

"Nothing, I'm doing nothing" I laugh.

"Oh! Well the girlfriends and wives of the players have a fundraiser and I was wondering if you could come help out" she asks and I raise a eyebrow.

"They make you volunteer" I ask.

"Well yeah" she claims.

"Doesn't that defeat the purpose of volunteering" I ask.

"It's too early for me to think about all of this. Are you in or not" she laughs.

"Sure. What are we doing" I wonder.

"We're packaging food to ship off over seas" she explains.

"Okay, where should I go" I ask.

"Meet me at the UC" she tells me.

"Alright, I'll see you there" I say. We hang up and I tuck away my drawing pad.

I change into a long a line black skirt and a red blouse. I add some silver accents and throw on some heels before deciding it would do.

I drive over and find Lindsay standing outside of her car. I walk over and she kinda laughs at me.

"What in the world are you wearing" she asks.

"Work clothes" I shrug.

"I guess so" she shakes her head. I climb in her car and we drive over to a storage building. The garage door wide open and plenty of boxes to go through. We get out the car and find a bunch of other women standing by a table. I trail Lindsey over and they recognize her.

"Hey Lindsey, who's with you" a girl asks.

"This is Artemis girlfriend Gabriella" Amanda says walking over to stand beside me.

"Gabriella this is Andrew Shaw's girlfriend Chaunette, Corey Crawford's girlfriend Kristy, and Niklas Hjarlmarsons wife Elina" she introduces and I wave.

"Hello" I say and they wave back.

"Nice to have you with us, how long have you been with Artemi" Elina asks.

"Since he moved here, so about three months" I explain.

"That's sweet. So you kinda helped him get around town and stuff" Kristy asks.