New Year New Me Theory

Gabriella

For New Years Jonny was hosting a New Years party and he and Lindsey insisted we came. I said no at first but I'm trying to do things that make me uncomfortable, and this, this was it.

I've never celebrated New Years, many holidays at that. I believe you celebrate something you worked hard for, not something that you have nothing to do with. I know that's no way to live a life and holidays and birthdays should be something I look forward to but I just can't seem to find the motivation. Though I have to admit, Christmas was a pleasant surprise.

I look through my closet and try to figure out something to wear but all I had was work clothes which is fancy pants and long skirt and blouses. And that's not going to cut it.

I decide to call Lindsey and she answers on the second ring.

"What's wrong" she asks.

"Why do you think there's something wrong" I challenge.

"How Long have we've been friends" she asks.

"Since opening night. So approximately two months plus some" I report.

"Right. And not once have you contacted me first. So I just assumed there is a problem" she claims.

"Well it's more of a fashion problem" I admit.

"Good, because I'm not much help with other issues. But clothing, I can do that. Meet me at Michigan Ave in twenty" she says.

"Okay, do I need to bring anything" I ask.

"Just your pretty little self" she says and I laugh. Okay then, easy enough.

I drive downtown and park before finding Lindsey at a store called Alice and Olivia's. We walk in and I look around but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. Lindsey seems to know what she's looking for and picks out a gold sparkly dress.

"What's about this" she asks.

"I don't want to look like I should be sliding down a pole" I admit.

"It's New Years, the point is to look like you're sliding down the pole" she laughs.

"I'm not like other girls" I remind her.

"Don't I know it" she mumbles.

"Let's put this back and keep looking" I say and she sighs. She puts the dress back and we keep looking.

We find some things we liked but nothing I saw myself wearing tonight. We continue our search until she lets out a gasp.

"Oh my god. I found it. It's over" she claims picking up a dress.

"I sure hope so" I mumble.

She pulls out a white dress that was actually really cute. It was simple with some mesh around the arms and bottom. It was still modest but could be used for a party too.