Big Deal Theory

Artemi

The regular season was almost over and I have to admit I was kind of sad. It was my first year in the NHL and I never wanted it to end. I got to be a part of history on a line with Patrick Kane and the guys. It's been a good year so far and I've enjoyed it.

As for tonight, there was a dance production that Gabby was participating in. The girl she was understudying got sick and she gets to make her big debut tonight. I wasn't sure what the production is or her part in it, but she seemed really excited.

"Here you go, five tickets to the Chicago theatre for tonight's show" she says handing me a envelope. She's only been there a little over a month but I'm excited to see what she's learned because I'm sure it's more than anyone else there.

"Awesome. What time do you have to be there" I ask.

"Not until 4" she assures me.

"Okay. What do you want to do until then" I ask.

"Honestly, I could use a nap" she giggles.

"We can do that" I nod.

"Perfect" she smiles.

We go to her room and lay there. She lays on her back as her head rests on my arm. I run my fingers through her impossibly soft hair as we lay in the silence.

"You can't sleep huh" I ask.

"No. I'm too excited. But this is comfy" she admits.

"It is. Did you get new shampoo" I ask and she giggles.

"I did. Do you like it" she asks.

"Yeah. It's real nice" I smile.

"You're so goofy" she claims and I turn on my side so I was facing her. She turns so she's facing me too and I kiss her nose causing her to scrunch it. So freaking cute.

"Are you nervous" I ask.

"A little. It's a bigger part than I imagined for my first time on stage, but it's gonna be fun" she shrugs.

"You're gonna do great" I assure her.

"How do you know that" I ask.

"Because that's just who you are. No matter what it is you're doing, it's beautiful. I could watch you make tea for hours, listen to you talk about psyche and brains forever. I could lay here with you all day without saying a single word and I would still look at you like it's the first time" I insist.

"Why are you do good to me" she whispers.

"Because baby, I love you. And sometimes there's no meaning to it. I know that's hard for you to understand that because all you know is cause and react and purpose and all that other stuff, but I can't explain it. I just love you so much and there's nothing I wouldn't do to show you that" I explain.

"I love you so much" she smiles before giving me a kiss.

"I love you too" I respond.

After a while she gets up and heads over to the theatre and I go to meet my friends.

I get to the venue in my suit and straighten out my hair. I make sure I look good just for her. I wonder if this is how she feels coming to my games? I walk over and find Andrew, Yuila, Jonny, and Lindsey talking amongst themselves.

"Hey guys" I smile handing everyone their tickets.

"About time" Andrew teases and I roll my eyes.

"Hank didn't want me to leave" I defend.

"Sure" he laughs patting my back.

"Wait, this is a Joffrey production" Lindsey asks as she studies the ticket.