Snow Globe Theory

Artemi

One minute into it being Christmas Day I roll over in bed with the biggest smile on my face. I mean, the smile is always there, but this one is special.

I change into Christmas pajamas I bought for today and grab all my gifts before running out the door.

I drive over to Gabriella's apartment and practically run up to her door, you know, once I got out of the elevator. I defiantly did not run up to the top floor.

I knock on the door a bunch of times and eventually she gets to the door. She slowly opens the door and stands on the other side of it.

"Artemi, I love you, I really do, but it's midnight, what the hell are you doing here" she sighs.

"Merry Christmas" I yell and she smiles.

"Merry Christmas to you too sweetie. But I need to know why you're here" she insists.

"Were you asleep" I ask.

"No" she admits.

"Then I'm here to make sure you get some sleep" I admit letting myself in.

"Is this some weird Christmas tradition you forgot to tell me about" she asks.

"Nope, it's a weird boyfriend thing. Come on" I say setting my things I brought down. I'll need them later but not right now.

I pull her into her room and she stops at the end of the bed. We've never really talked about sleeping together, I usually leave before we get to that conversation or we end up falling asleep on the couch, but I guess it never came up. She gives me a warm smile and I slide into her bed. It was very comfy, that's for sure.

"I'm gonna change but you can't look" she warns pointing her finger at me.

"I respect that" I say. I lay down on the bed and cover my eyes. She turns to the dresser by her side and pulls out a pair of pajamas that were just like mine. I got them not too long ago so we can match tomorrow. She changes and I couldn't help but sneak a look. It's been over four months we've been together and I'm curious. I've never seen her with anything but work clothes or a shorts and a t shirt on.

My eyes slowly shift from the ceiling to her direction and I see her in nothing but her underwear. I try to stay quiet and not make it obvious but I was doing a shitty job of that. My glance turns into a stare as she pulls her long hair into a pony tail letting it fall down her back. Her long legs out for the world to see, so sexy and so smooth looking. Her bottom round and properly covered by her underwear. They hug her curves perfectly so they won't slide off yet they're comfortable. And surprisingly enough they were lace matching her bra, I would not have pegged her as a lace type. Her long hair was covering a lot of her back but I can still see her muscles through it. She had a very toned body which explains how she keeps up with me when we work out together. But you didn't need to tell me she's was strong. She showed everyday how strong she is.

She slips on the PJs and I return to looking at the ceiling. She crawls into bed with me and joins me under the covers.

"Can I ask you question" I wonder.

"Shoot" she encourages.

"Do you have a tattoo on your rib cage" I ask and she smacks my chest.

"You peeked" she whines.

"I did, but I couldn't help it. You're a very beautiful woman" I admit.

"Thank you" she replies.

"And the tattoo" I ask.

"It's a quote. It says "it's okay not to be okay". It's a reminder to me that I don't need to be someone I'm not to appear more pleasing to the common eye. I don't need to act like everything is peachy when it's not. Everyone has their ups and down and everyone goes through it eventually. This quote is for when I'm having a rough time. It reminds me that it's okay not to be okay, that it's not wrong to feel bad for myself or to want something more. There's nothing wrong with needing help, even if you feel like there is" she explains.