Chapter 17

Three months ago, I tried to be brave. I cry every night; I drink every night.

I can't eat at the right time and my unit looked like my prison.

I'm so depressed. I feel so stupid! If only I had told Rad about that earlier. What could happen? Will he still push me away?

Bottles of wine were scattered on the floor in various corners of my unit. Every day I remember what Rad told me.

I didn't go to school very well.

Dad also preached to me several times about why I was like this. If he hadn't come home then and talked to anyone at school, I wouldn't have been accepted again.

I took a special exam for my grades.

My friends keep on calling me. They worry about me.

"Yesterday Sebe called me" Where Sebe got my number? I don't know.

"I should have joined our trip to Palawan." have no life I say.

I'm here in Cassy's condominium unit. I let my cigarette and smoked.

For three months I admitted that my lifestyle was not healthy.

I still drink alcohol early even without eating yet. I also learned to smoke.

We are here now on Cassy's veranda where I can see the huge building in Manila.

"You should just come along? So, you can relax."

I took a deep breath and set the goblet of wine on the mini table.

"I don't see Rad much at school the last time I saw him was with Pia. "

So, they are. Since that happened, Rad and I haven't crossed paths.

I didn't know either and I don't want to know what happened to him since then.

"I don't want to talk about him, Cas." because I miss him so much.

I'm so fucked up.

She sighed.

"Frix? Don't you really want to know what happened then?" she looked at me carefully with a frown.

"Okay, what?"

"Franko is in coma, Frix."

Fuck! I don't know about it! I'm shocked!

"What?"

She nodded.

"You're late for the news because you don't want us to tell you. Two days ago, the day you and Rad broke up." She sipped again on her wine.

"And?" Now I really want to know.

"If you only saw him beaten by Rad, Frix. We saw it." She added.

"We thought he killed Franko. Rad is really a monster when gets angry."

Cassy also told me that Rad was allegedly sued by Franko's family.

"But Rad's family is powerful. They did nothing without imprisoning Rad. Franko is okay that he is no longer at HMU. "

I didn't know what my reaction would be.

I got shivered thinking Radleigh.

Cassy sighed.

"Let's stop this shit! Let's go to the mall first. Shopping you know." She smiled at me and stood up.

I nodded.

"Okay." I agree.

I was wearing a black sleeveless top and short.

Cassy brought her car.

"You're really thin Frix, but it suits you better! If Loisa was here, she would be jealous again! "Cassy commented to me.

"I have no appetite to eat. " I said as we entered the Shangri-la.

"They were drooling on you Frix," Cassy whispered in my ear and clung to my arm.

"They look stupid," I uttered.

"Damn, you! There we go! Let's pick a bikini for our upcoming trip!"

She pulled me into the female section where all sorts of bikinis and summer dresses.

"Is it good?" She asked and I pouted. I shook my head looking at the bikini.

"It's too revealing." My answer.

We almost spent an hour choosing bikinis!

"Let's eat first?"

I smiled. "All right, let's go to Pizza Hut?" I ask.

"All right."

We were already in the food court and searched for the Pizza Hut spot. My cellphone rang but I didn't answer. I knew it was Daimos again. We've been getting close since I broke up with Rad.

Cassy pushes me when we stopped for a moment. I don't know why she stopped.

"Frix!" She called and even pinched my side.

"What?" I answered irritably when I hid the cell phone in my pocket.

She taught me something. "I saw Rad!! He's here!"

None of my own looked at what she pointed out near to us.

I was surprised to see Rad here! As I expected he's not alone! He's with Pia and Damon! Fuck!

They are also inside the Pizza Hut. My chest ached. They were talking seriously. Tears welled up in my eyes. I feel like he's going to turn around because Damon pointed to me but before he turned around, I avoided him.

I wiped away my tears and faced Cassy.

Cassy swears.

"We're just getting back in your unit?"

"Fuck! Rad is looking at you, Frix!" She hissed as my chest throbbed.

"Let's go Cas."

He is happy with Pia.

I need to move on too.

I have no choice.

I have only two choices.

Stay hurt or move on?

I focused on my studies and went on tourism trips to different countries.

"Woah! It really looks good on you!" Loisa, who had just entered, is still in uniform.

Sometimes I see Rad, but I avoid him as much as possible.

In the past month, I have overcome trauma. In those days, I hardly talked to my friends. I was traumatized by people but now I have somehow survived.

I took off my uniform. Only undies were left.

"Where's Cassy?" I asked.

Loisa whistled." Woah. Chick! Beautiful body! Beautiful girl but have a broken heart!" She laughed.

I threw her a pillow!

"You'll see! You'll experience this too! Let us see!" I told her and lay down on my bed.

Brandon is her boyfriend.

"Hey, you're too serious. I'm just kidding!" she also lay down next to me.

"Cassy is coming. She's in the Shop.

"She said she'll give us a dress. "She said to me.

"Dress for what?" I asked. I'm curious.

"It's Clinton Montemayor's birthday today! We're invited! We're going to eat and dress here."