Chapter 27

Love is the most powerful of all. If you get hurt because of love even if you drink a lot of alcohol eventually, the pain will still remain.

I am currently with Loisa and Cassy.

I don't know why Daimos still doesn't contact me. If he can't come, I'll go home to the Island.

I missed the place because that's where you can realize how beautiful nature is. Although not as developed as here in Manila, the Island is good in many ways.

It's an ideal place for me. If I ever have a family, I want to live there.

"It's not Frixxie's fault."

My judgment returned to what Loisa said. I didn't know that their topic was now.

For one week, I only go out if I have something important to buy.

Sometimes I go to the 'Gym here inside the building.

"He should have explained to Frixxie first. "

Cassy glanced at me. I lazily heaved a sigh.

I'm still hurting, I'll admit. But I didn't know what to do. After I spoke ill of him.

I don't know if I will face him again. My conscience eating me. I can hardly sleep last night thinking what happened.

"Frix, what are you going to do now?" Loisa asked.

I know my eyes are full of tears.

"I do not know."

"Did Rad tell you yet?" Cassy asked and sipped on her wine.

"Say what?" I wondered.

She swears.

"Rad's so dumbass." She murmured in annoyance.

I creased my forehead.

"What is it?" I was able to sit up.

"Talk to him, Frix! You know, nothing can be fixed when you're just doing nothing!"

"Talk to him? Is that still necessary? The man is already having a family."

They cursed as if I said something wrong.

"Make it up with him. We're not in the place to tell you that." Loisa looked at me like I'm a puzzle.

I don't understand them. Has much really changed in the past three years? Do I not know much?

In the evening I arranged what I would wear. I will eat outside. I don't go out much anymore. I have nothing to fear. I have nothing to worry about.

I wore a fitted gray t-shirt and a pair of shorts. I paired it with flipflop slippers. I just let my hair fall out.

I don't have a care if what I'm wearing looks homely. The important thing is I am comfortable. So, this is what I will wear. More comfortable, more comfortable to feel, no obstruction.

It's like just love. Why would you love someone don't meant for you?

I locked my unit and headed for the elevator down when my cellphone beeped.

From Daimos: Did you eat already?

I was already in the elevator when I typed to reply.

To Daimos: I'm going out to eat. When will you be come here in Manila?

The chilly night breeze immediately blew on my skin.

I already put my cellphone in my pocket. I don't text when I'm on the road. It is better to be careful. I was on the side of the road when the wind blew hard and little by little there was a rain drops.

"What the fuck!" It's going to rain. No, I mean it's really raining! The hell!

I covered my head with my two palms as if it were useful.

I was a little wet from the little rain when I decided that would just come back.

But someone cornered me that I was shocked.

My eyes followed the hand of the one who stood by me and turned to him.

My eyes widened and creased my forehead.

"What are you doing here Rad?" I wondered. The fuck!

Why he's here? How did he see me?

He's just looking at me intently. I can't seem to read the reaction in his eyes.

I immediately remembered what I told him before. I knew he was hurt.

One of his hands was smeared and the other was leaning on me.

His body was slightly wet in the back because he supported me more than his own body.

The starry sky is now covered with dark clouds and the wind is still strong and Rad and I are like fools here on the side of the road.

His jaw clenched.

"What about you? What are you doing here?" He asked again without answering my question.

"Isn't it obvious? I'll grab a-- "

But he pulled me towards the parked cars where I could see his car.

Our memory inside his car is still fresh in my mind! It's still haunting me! I can't get in!

He's tall. I don't know if I will reach his chin.

"What is Rad? Did I say I'll go with you?" I shouted at him and tried to pull my left arm that he was keep holding.

But he didn't say a word he quickly opened the front seat and folded the umbrella and stopped by my side.

He might get sick!

"What do you want? I won't let you get wet in the rain. Just be thankful that I love you so much." he said to me and slammed the door to the front seat where I was sitting.

He quickly turned around and went inside and started the engine.

Sometimes when I'm so nervous, I just choose to keep quiet.

The wind and the rain are blowing together outside so the road is not very visible. That's why Rad's car is running so slow.

He's just silent the whole time.

"Where are you going?" Suddenly he broke the silence.

Whatever his plan is, why he is doing it I have no idea. Does Pia know this? Pity their son by chance. I was disgusted to think of what Rad was doing and showing me while I was also thinking of his son.

I don't want to repeat what my parents once sinned. Because ultimately the child is miserable. Like me, someone will still suffer in the end.

"You can take me down to a Restaurant." I said softly.

He took a glance of me before turning his gaze back to the road.