Chapter - 1

Hey guys. There is one important thing I want you to know that I always write a short author note by the end of every chapter so if you see otherwise please let me know. It must be some technical mistake and I'll improvise it. Thank you.
_____

Akira

Yale.

It is my first step toward my dream. Away from my home, Kent. I have been waiting for this day as long I can remember. My first day at Yale university. I'm so so excited that I can't even begin to express it.

My major is decided from start and I'd be majoring from arts. Art is my passion and my escape. I'm going to do my best to make my dream come alive. Since I'm here on scholarship, we don't have the money that could get me admission in Yale, I'm going to use every bit of it.

Grandma always says that my parents would be proud of me. I can only hope, wherever my mummy and daddy are, they can see me, and see that I'm following the path they dreamed for me.

I miss you mummy, daddy.

And I miss you too, Jake.

Come on Ira lets do it!

"Holy shit, this place is huge." My best friend Logan exclaims, whistling.

I grin, "I know."

"You are so going to rock, I tell you."

I turn to him, feeling a lump in my throat as I stare him. Logan is a next-door type of boy with dirty blond hair and soft amber eye. I've known him almost half of my life. He has been there for me during every high and low.

Oh, I'm gonna miss him.

"Logan, I love you, you know that right?"

"Yeah yeah." He waves his hand, dismissing me, but I see his eyes turning soft.

"Hey, you were supposed to say it back," I fire at him.

"When pigs will fly, love." He mocks back.

I smack his head narrowing my eyes as I walk past him, glancing around. It really is beautiful here and so huge that I could easily get lost here. The campus is splendid from every corner.

"Come on, lets find my dorm room. I wonder how my roommate would be like, I don't want any wild or party type girl though. You know me and my obsession with clean and organized place, Logan?"

I notice that he hasn't interrupted me while I was speaking about my habit. He loves to make fun of it, knowing how much it irritates me. When he still doesn't reply, I turn around and only to find him missing.

Where the hell is he?

Looking around the crowd for him I return to same path, sensing my rising panic. Just as I turn at a corner, an abrupt collide to someone has my eyes shut tightly.

A sudden shock of awareness shoots through my body as I feel someone's hard arm around my waist to steady me. I gasp slightly at its intensity and unfamiliarity but before I can even open my eyes, its gone. Confused, I frown looking about, when I move to spin around to see the mysterious stranger, my eyes lock with a grinning figure of Logan.

Irritated and distracted from earlier encounter, I approach him with a angry scowl. I see his mouth wide open as he gawks the football players. I know what is he thinking and the thought tightens my gut painfully. Ever since his knee injury he is prohibited to play football. He would never admit it but I know how much he misses playing. It had been his life for time being until Bella came along.

Gazing around I catch a group of girls standing by the players, eying them and an idea pops in my head. Looking back at Logan, I pinch his arm to gain his attention.