Chapter - 31

Jealousy in romance is like salt in food. A little can enhance the savour, but too much can spoil the pleasure, and under certain circumstances can be life threatening.
~ Maya Angelou
_____

Akira

I'm still reeling from his sudden confession when my mouth blurts out, "What?"

He shrugs, smirking, "You heard me."

I did.

Oh I so did.

'That was the first time I felt my heart beat.'

His voice rings in my head for the hundred time in past few minutes.

"Are you sure?" I ask dumbly, before I could even comprehend it.

His ease aura disappear in a flash leaving dark intensity of his eyes as they narrows at my own, "Am I sure? Of the emotions I'm bearing since I met you or of the the feelings I'm having for you?" He retorts incredulously.

Jesus H Christ!

Does that mean he really has feelings for me?

Oh my!

My heart sores at the happiness and the possibility of him returning my own feelings.

From what I have known in my whole life is, that time is no one's friend. It never stops for anyone, whether rich or poor. It will keep going and it depends on us to consider it as an acquaintance or an enemy, either way it won't effect the speed of time.

But at this moment I really wish for time to be my friend so I could stop this moment and consume full happiness that is bursting inside me. I want this moment to be itched in my soul. I'm this happy. I'm ecstatic.

But then I remember his attitude toward me. He has said sorry to me and admitted that he was jerk but that doesn't really explains his actions.

I frown at him, "Then why-"

As he's read my mind he cuts me off, shaking his, "Why did I behave like an ass to you? Because I'm an ass. That's what I do, I fuck everything up. I remember you standing at the entrance of cafeteria looking like a creature from another world, staring me like you could see my dark soul. As far I can remember I've never been nervous before that day, not even when I first took control of my businesses. Despite my uneasiness, I don't know why but I still wanted you to talk with me, I wanted to hear your voice."

He chuckles slightly before continuing, "My bloody palms were sweating in nervousness when I saw you coming with Sydney. And what you did? You went ahead and chatted with everyone. Every fucking one except me. I thought you didn't like me and that pissed me off. Never in my life before had I felt jealous but seeing you flirt with Adam had me seeing red. I wasn't thinking straight and that's when I fucking lost it."

I'm looking at him with my mouth hanging open as he stops speaking. My brain is still digesting his words and my heart... well I think it is going to out of ribs any second now.

Oh my God!

It is very hard to accept that he has had feelings for me from very start. I don't know what to think now.

Tell him, you like him too or better yet tell him you are falling for him.

No, not now.

I don't think I should confess anything to him until I'm assured that my heart is no longer in danger of getting trashed.