Chapter - 63

You don't love someone for their looks, or for their clothes, or for their fancy cars but because they sing a song only you can hear.
~Oscar Wilde.
......

Akira

Before I know it we are already at the front door of the building where art exhibition is held. Paul opens door for us. Romero gets out first and helps me follow his step. I do that while taking care to not mess with my dress. I observe the scene before me with awe. It is one of ancient looking building with modern elegant. It kind of feels like a magnetic spot.

Romero grabs my waist in possessive manner as he leads me toward the entrance. The heads of ladies turn automatically to Romero and they give him once over. I can't help but feel a thrill of satisfaction that he is my date. I try to not smile in smugness that is rolling inside me.

That's right ladies, you can stare all you want but I'm the one he is going home with.

I look around to find some familiar face and my eyes catches Mr. Vidal's hazel one. He smiles and says something to his companion before making his way toward us.

Romero stiffens and his hand tightens around me. "Motherfucker." He grumbles not so quietly.

Giving him a side glance, I scold, "Behave." When he narrows his eyes, I add in softer tone, "Please?"

And he better listen to me and keep all his macho tactics under control.

"Ah Miss. Ray, glad to see you."

"Good evening, professor." I greet him.

I don't miss the way his eyes go over my body. Neither does Romero for he growls lowly bringing Mr. Vidal's eye to him. Though I don't think he meant any harm by it if not merely surprised at how different I look tonight.

He chuckles, "Sebastian is fine, Miss. Ray. We are not in class."

Romero clips in coolly, "Class or not, it is not Professional to call their professor by name."

Seeing Romero's growing agitation, I speak up, "Rom, my professor Mr. Vidal. Professor, my boyfriend Romero King."

Mr. Vidal regards Romero, "Rom-"

Romero all but snaps, "I prefer King." No greetings or any pleasantry in his tone.

Mr. Vidal takes his time to nod, "King. Heard lot about you through Dante."

There is brief surprise in Romero's face but he covers it with passive mask, "You know Dante?"

"Yes. He is in board member."

"Of course he is." Mutters Romero darkly, not liking what he just heard.

Mr. Vidal shifts his gaze to me, "Anyway Miss. Ray why don't you go by your painting. Many people has asked me about the painter."

They did? I am surprised, really. I didn't think anyone would pay any attention to my work.

Still pride and happiness fills my nerve at the thought someone showing interest in my painting.

I give him my full smile for the wonderful news he gave me and I can tell Romero doesn't like it, not a bit. "Thank you professor and I am going now. Please excuse us."

I pull Romero with me and pace for section of selected students paintings. On our way I see lots of paintings, all are extraordinary. There are many people inside this room all dressed in designer clothes and for once I don't feel like underdressed in a room filled with bunch of riches.