Chapter - 62

I don't want to make you my world because then I would have to find a sun to revolve around. I want to make you the center of my world and my life revolves around you.
~Akanksha Jaiswal.
......

Akira

After my time at library I called Romero to inform him to not pick me up because I wanted to walk. He asked me if I was okay I told him yes and that I just wanted some air. I don't know why I felt guilty even though I was not lying to him. I truly needed some time alone to process everything together. And that walk back to my dorm really help me to mind straight and not jump into any conclusion without any proof.

Or better yet to postpone all the investigation for next day and enjoy my today. It is an great opportunity for me, I don't want ruin it for something inconsiderable.

"I don't think even I could pull out this dress like you. You look absolutely stunning."

I stare at the mirror and I have to admit Sydney is right. I look truly out of my league. This beautiful, stunning and well polished girl is not me but she still somehow makes me doubt my decision.

My straight hairs are pulled up perfectly by lots of pins but it makes me look elegant and that's not the word I'm accustomed with. My eyes look smokey and lips perfect with nude lipstick. I glance down at my cleavage to find all the hickies are hidden using lots of concealer. It's good thing considering how I challenged Romero this morning.

I turn to look at Sydney who is grinning proudly at her work, "Thanks Syd. I really-"

The door of my room open revealing a Greek God looking Romero. I forget altogether where I am and what I was doing. My vision is only on him and I don't even notice when Sydney silently steps out of the room leave both of us alone.

I sense his longing as he stares me. I take the opportunity to drink him in, my gaze running all over him. He looks like the powerful magnet from every angle, that is the main source of my pull toward him. So sensually handsome that my eyes hurt just by looking at him.

My God!

His dark black hair are set perfectly and my hand itches to run through them. His small trimmed beard makes him look hotter and more dangerous. I have always known black is his color but in the given black tux he would leave every other male miles behind him. There is no competition, literally.

He is everything, tall, dark and dangerous.

And he is all mine.

I am still getting used to this.

"You are beautiful, Romero." The words slip my mouth for the second time with any intention but they are undeniably true.

He comes forward catching my hand and bringing them to his mouth. He kisses each of my knuckle delicately. His gaze is hot- intense hot on me. "And you are breathtaking, Ray."

I feel my face reddens and I smile, "Hi."

He doesn't smile but amusement fills his eyes. "Hi."

"You look seriously hot. Every female there are so going to envy me." I giggle at him.

"It's only fair because every fuckers there are going to hate me." He states.

Trust him to call any male a fucker.

His eyes go down to my chest and they darkens. "Turn around." He demands.

With confused face I obey. His hand come in front of me and I feel something cool on my skin. My eyes open big and I gasp when removes his hand. I blink at the necklace he just put on me. It's beautiful but expensive too.