Chapter - 68

Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get - only with what you are expecting to give- which is everything.
~ Katharine Hepburn.
......

Akira

Drowsily, I open my eyes and find myself on Alice's couch. I frown. When did I come here? The last thing I remember is sitting on floor after Romero went away with Slade. I shake my head just as aroma of coffee hits me.

"Good morning."

I look up to see Alice holding two cups, steam coming out of them. She is smiling but I can't find it in me to return her smile.

"Morning." I mutter.

"Here." She offers one of the cup to me.

I take it from her hand. "Thank you."

She sits on the other couch facing me. I take a sip from my mug, aware of her intruding eyes on me.

"Where is your roommate?" I haven't seen anyone else here since last night. I was worried before finally coming here, I didn't want to cause her any inconvenience because of me.

"She is away for the weekend." Alice tells me.

I relax but it only lasts for a moment before Alice lets her curiosity to roam around.

"So what are you going to do today?"

I stare at my mug, feigning ignorance, "About what?"

She doesn't beat around bush, "About King. Are you going to talk to him or avoid him?"

I shrug, hoping she'd get that I don't want to talk about it. I really don't.

She presses, "What does that mean?"

"It means I don't know." I snap and immediately regret doing so. She has helped me so much without any complains. I sigh looking at her, "I'm sorry Alice. I really don't know what to do but I know that, for now, I don't want to talk to him or talk about him."

She waving her hand and stands up, "It's your life and your decision but if I were you I wouldn't avoid it longer than necessary. Anyway, I am going to shower and get ready."

I knit my brows in confusion, "Where are you going this early? It is Saturday."

"I'm trying for some clubs. Today is my dance interview. Haven't you joined any?"

What clubs?

I shake my head, "No, I haven't."

"Then why don't you come with me and see yourself which club you want to join. I'm not sure but I've heard about art society as a club, you can check that out too." She suggest.

It doesn't seem bad. I don't have any classes or job on weekends, I could try and see if I fit there.

"Okay, I will go with you." I agree, standing up. It will also keep me engage from thinking about Romero.

"Great, I will see you in thirty minutes, okay?" She raises her brow.

I nod, "Yeah and thank you Alice for letting me stay with you." I am really grateful of her help. I don't know how I'd otherwise have survived last night.

She grins, "You are not getting free by just a 'thank you'. You owe me one."

A small smile forms on my lips, "What do you want?"