Chapter - 17

( Hey there love. Tap the little Star on your screen and motivate me. Ily all:-) )

Akira

I receive it, putting phone to my ears, "Hello."

"Where the fuck are you?" Comes a voice of very angry Sydney.

Ooops.

I glance at Alex, who is curious but trying to act nonchalantly, "I left with a friend."

She bursts from other side, "You left! Without even telling me or anyone for that matter, when you came with me at first place! Do you have any idea how worried we were when we couldn't find you?! And you were not even answering your phone!"

Crap.

I have not thought about this. I'm really an idiot.

Stupid.

Stupid Ira.

Of course she is right, I should have told her before leaving. I thought I would spoil her fun with my craps and I didn't really think she would be worried about me. Even though my intention were right, I was wrong.

Gulping. I reply, "I'm really sorry Syd. I was not feeling good and I tried to find you but you were nowhere to seen, so I called a friend to pick me."

I don't mention anything else. I don't want her worried for me, more than she already is. Telling her about my earlier encounter would only lead her to worry more and right now I just want to go home and forget everything about this night.

I can't tell how many times she's tried to call me. I'll check it later. I seriously need to stop putting my phone on silent.

She release a breath, "Okay fine but next time please tell us before you decide to leave like that. If it wasn't for King throwing fits, we wouldn't had noticed about it."

What?

"What do you mean by king throwing fits?" I ask, confused.

What does he has to do with any of this?

"That fucking asshole! I was having an awesome sex with my boyfriend and out of nowhere that fucker appeared asking about you and when I told him, I didn't know, he flipped right away and started cursing me, dumping whole house upside down!" She sounds angry all over again.

Why would he try to find me?

What is this all about?

I try not to dwell in it because I know it'll end up creating more confusion for me.

And I can't afford that.

I have had enough for tonight.

"I'm sorry Syd, I really am. I wasn't thinking when I left there."

I feel bad for making her worry like this. It doesn't matter what my intentions were, I should have told her or at least messaged.

"It's alright. Where are you?"

"Er..I'm at a café with Alex." I hesitate.

"Is he your same work friend?" I can picture her furrowed brows.

"Yeah he is." I say, looking over Alex, who is now pretending to busy on his phone.

He is really bad actor.

"Oh Okay. Enjoy but not too much. I will proba-" she abruptly stops at mid sentence.

Bam!

What's that?