Chapter - 20

( Love. Love. Love! Tap the little star on your screen and make me four twenty watt smile. Ily all:-) )

Akira

My heart is pounding so hard that I can hear it through my ears.

Goodness!

What does he mean by that?

"Never leave me."

Though it's just a simple sentence, it has more emotions that any other words.

I force my body to relax and pretend it is just his drunken mess.

Who am I kidding?

I know its answer, I know the what he meant and I just don't want to acknowledge it. I can feel it through thudding of my heart, through tightness of my tummy.

I sense it in my blood.

If only I could pretend to be oblivious, it wouldn't hurt this much.

Then why am I feeling cold?

Because you are also afraid of it. Afraid of holding on him. Afraid of falling for him! Falling in love with him!

No!

Of course not!

I can't fall in love with him. I just can't. It's absurd to even think of it.

Its impossible.

Is it?

He hates me.

He is just drunk that's why he is saying all this crap and I know, by tomorrow he'd not remember any of this. He would probably go back to same king and start insulting me.

I can't fall fall for him.

I will not.

Are you sure?

I ignore the snide remark and go to get up from my kneed position when he effortlessly pulls me on the top of him. I let out a shocked squeal as I feel hardness of his body beneath me. My whole body clenches feeling the electric current of contact.

His eyes are half-closed when I look at him with wide eyes trying to ignore our current condition we are in, considering half of me is on the top of him and other half of is hanging by bed. It is most uncomfortable situation I have ever been. I try to squirm out of his hold which only gets tighten in return.

I really suspect his drunken state for he yanked me so swiftly. He is so strong, I can't even nudge him.

Chain of thoughts breaks when he says, "It wasn't mistake."

What?

"Huh?" What is he talking about?

He open his burning eyes and peers me, fiercely. I see something else, something akin to uncertainty and helplessness, it nearly brakes my heart to find such vulnerable emotions in his usual cold gray orbs.

How could he turn from cold to vulnerable in moment of time?

Why does he need to cover himself with a cold mask?

And hell, why does he affect me so much?

Why do I feel his pain that he tries so hard to hide?

"Our kiss. It wasn't mistake. It never will. You get me?" He speaks these word with a density that I have to nod in answer, involuntarily.