Chapter - 5

Akira

Our professor is quite young, in about late twenties. Totally opposite of my belief. I thought he would be some old and short man but damn this man is good looking. Now I understand the reason of girls population in this class. It looks like almost all girls are here just to see him, most of them are looking at him in awe and lust. I'm a psychology student I can tell just by their expressions.

"So guys how about a little introduction. As most of you know I'm Sebastian Vidal and I'm your art professor. Now introduce yourselves." Our professor starts with his smooth voice, smooth enough to drool for. He seems friendly and cool kind of teacher not strict or gruffy type.

Everyone delivers their introduction on their chances, I hear one girl's intro, "I'm Sherri and I'm here to admire a certain piece of art." She finishes with a flirty wink, eying professor from head to toe. Professor just shakes his head smiling, "I'm sure you can find few more artwork if you concentrate." Although he's smiling but his voice comes out as stern warning.

Few minutes later Dev stands up beside me, "Hello I'm Davis Carl. I'm here to make myself a perfect artist. I want to earn some money so I can help my family."

"Thank you Mr. Carl but you seem to forget 'No one is perfect here'." Mr. Vidal comments, motioning him to sit down.

I stand up, nervously when I realize its my time to speak, "I'm Akira Ray. I'm an scholarship student and I simply want to understand art and show it to others through my art." I shrug my one shoulder, sitting back on my seat and try to calm my nerves. I'm not very social so I tend to become nervous while speaking in front of many people.

"That's what I'm here for, Miss. Ray, thank you." Professor Vidal smiles charmingly before turning to other.

By the time everyone finish their introduction, the class is almost about to over but our professor doesn't seem to mind it and starts his topic, explanation of art.

"Art is a diverse range of human activities in creating visual, auditory or performing artifacts, artworks, expressing the author's imaginative or technical skill, intended to be appreciated for their beauty or emotional power. In their most general form these activities include the production of works of art, the criticism of art, the study of the history of art, and the aesthetic dissemination of art." He starts.

"So for the starters, the oldest form of art is visual art. We will come to it but before that I want put some light on history of art, alright?"

"Sculptures, cave paintings, rock paintings and petroglyphs from the Upper Paleolithic dating to roughly 40,000 years ago have been found, but the precise meaning of such art is often disputed because so little is known about the cultures that produced them. The oldest art objects in the world-a series of tiny, drilled snail shells about 75,000 years old-were discovered in a South African cave. Containers that may have been used to hold paints have been found dating as far back as 100,000 years. Etched shells by Homo erectus from 430,000 and 540,000 years ago were discovered in 2014." He continues. He further wants to explain about medieval and modern art too but class gets over.

He finally stops with a defeated sigh, "Seems like you got your wish. Alright guys meet you at next class. And don't forget to do your first assignment." With that he strides away.

Next to me Dev exhales, "Wow. He is really young for a professor. He seems cool but intense one, don't you think?"

I turn to him, "I guess you are right. He indeed was passionate about his subject."

We both stand up and come out of our class for the next one. I open my schedule to see what it is next ant it's psychology. "What is your next class?" I ask him.