Chapter - 8

[ Do me a favour and tap on the lil star, just to make my day:-) ]

Akira

The handsome stranger smiles, "Mind if I sit here?" He questions, pointing at the seat opposite of mine.

I shake my head in answer. Why would I mind? It's a free space and if anyone want, of course they can sit here. It's not like I'm waiting for someone.

"You seem new here?" He enquires.

I'm really not in mood for question and answer but for the sake of politeness I answer anyway.

I nod, "Yeah, just moved here two days ago." I tell him despite not wanting to do so.

"Oh, so Yale then?"

"Whatever gave you that idea?" I ask him.

He smiles, a lopsided smile before replying, "For the starter you are young enough to be in college, second, Yale is the most nearby college around and third, you just move here by the time new semester starts." Well that's some explanation. He sounds quite intelligent man with good observing skill.

"Yes. You are right. It's my first year," I'm interrupted with the same blonde lady or waitress, I thank her as she leaves.

The sight of my food reminds me how truly hungry I am. How did I survive without this for whole day, I don't know. Right now I just want to jump in it but recalling my manners, I look over the stranger, offering him, he declines raising his coffee that he has been drinking already. I really need to know his name.

"So what about you stranger? Didn't exactly catch your name." Seriously I am talking to man and I don't even know his name. Now that I'm eating something, I feel less annoyed then I was before.

He laughs at my question, "Alexander Thomson and pretty girl you are?"

His words unintentionally strike me in the heart. Memories of yesterday event once again hovers over me.

"You are not pretty enough."

I still feel the coldness, bitterness of his words.

Don't go there Ira!

Pretty is not exactly the word I want hear right now, nonetheless I answer him, "Akira Ray. Do you also go to Yale?" I don't think he does, he seems young but not that young.

"Nope, graduated last year and I don't miss it at all." He says, chuckling a little.

A giggle escapes me, of course, who'd miss college after spending four hell year in it. "Well it's good for you. For me it's just start and I've to endure whole four year in it."

And it's going to be an absolute hell, I'm sure of it.

Popping his elbow on the table he leans forward, resting his chin on his palm, "So what are you doing here?" He ask, waving his other hand around the room.

I raise my brows in mocking manner, "What does it look like? I was hungry I saw it I came here. What about you?" I ask eating my yummy steak.

"What about me?" Smirking, he question back.

I roll my eyes, "I mean what are you doing here?" Waving my hand exactly the same way he did.

His smirk widens, "Well I own this café."

I stop eating and eye him carefully, he is in a working suit and I noticed the way blond lady bow him earlier but didn't mind it. That explains why no one has approached him since he came here.