Chapter - 35

You can talk with someone for years, everyday, and still, it won't mean as much as what you can have when you sit in front of someone, not saying a word, yet you feel that person with your heart, you feel like you have known that person for forever......
Connections are made with the heart, not the tongue.
~ C. JoyBell. C.
_____

Akira

Opening the door of my room, I enter with a soaring heart that can't keep my happiness in bay. I'm happy, more than happy.

Walking in kitchen I take out a bottle of water, I hear Sydney's voice behind me.

"You are flushed and you have that smile on your face."

She is right. I have this gleeful smile on face that wouldn't go away, even during my class I kept driving off to the moment when Romero told me that he is mine. Mine. I must look like a lovesick fool and its creepy.

Opening the cap of bottle, I take a sip before turning around, I ask "Like what?"

She grins, "Like you got some good shag last night."

The hell?

I spit out my water, "What?" I exclaim through my coughing.

She burst out laughing, "Jesus! Your face. It was priceless."

I turn crimson in embarrassment but keep a straight face and stare her until she takes deep breath to control her laughter fit.

"It was not funny." I deadpan.

Syd smirks in mirth, "It was fucking hilarious. You should have seen your face."

I know what my face would have looked alike, like a girl who walked in room full with naked boys.

Wouldn't it be haven?

Shut up!

I turn back to put the bottle in fridge, hoping my face would get normal, but no, once again my smile returns when I think of Romero's words. I think I might have swooned on them if it weren't of me getting late and I have been thinking of them since then, it's like they are echoing around in my head.

"You shouldn't need to ask me that, Ray. I am your whatever you want me to. Hell, I have been yours since the very first time I saw your beautiful blue eyes."

Oh, how I love it when he calls me Ray. Though my name is Akira, I hate it when he calls me that. I remember he has used it earlier when he thought I was leaving, hearing it coming from him was like a sharp piercing in my heart. I want to be just Ray for him. His Ray.

"Okay, anticipation is killing me. Something happened last night so just spit it out."

Sydney's eager voice pulls me out of 'romira land'. I sigh in disappointment. I knew there is no way I could avoid this, I was so glad in morning that I found her missing when I came to change before my class. But now there is no such luck, apart from Mr. Jacob.

Glancing back I sit on edge of counter and glare to her, "What do you want to know? I have to go for library, I don't want to be late and give Mr. Jacob a reason to deduct my payment."

"I want to know everything like why did you need Slade's number? Where were you last night? Why are you smiling like fool?" She asks in a breath with her eyes open wide.

I roll my eyes, "Firstly, you need to calm down."

She snorts, "I'm as calm as I could be."

I release a breath, "So yesterday, after a whole week of silence, Romero came to me to explain but I was so angry that I said some really horrible things to him before leaving with Dev. Latter at night while I was with Alex, Romero called me, from some abandon place. He was drunk and when he found that I was with Alex, he got pissed and threw his phone in anger.