Chapter - 10

(Tap the lil STAR on your screen and make my day. Ily.)

Akira

When I enter the room I hear laugh and I turn to find Luke and Sydney both are cuddled on couch watching TV. I try to walk as quietly I can not wanting to disturb their moment. They both look cute and so in love. Tenderness is clear on their face when they watch each other. Sydney loves him as much as he adore her. Devotion and affection is clear in their eyes.

Could I ever have this kind of devotion, these affections from anyone? My mind immediately reaches to that grey eyed boy, I just left. I don't understand him at all. Whatever his intentions are I don't get it. I shake my head to get rid of his thought or I'd just end up crying, like crybaby I'm.

I tip toe silently to the kitchen, taking a glass of milk. I pad into my room, letting myself in I close the door quietly behind me so they'd not be disturb and have their night pleasantly since I think Luke is going to spend this night here.

Not wanting to think anything about him, I decide to paint, that will somehow relax me. Jumping on my bed I take out my art book and start drawing. I draw some different angles of the library filled with book.

Feeling my eyes heavy, I decide its time to sleep. Placing my things back at there place, I pull in my comfy pyjama before finally laying down. I sigh as sleep finally envelopes me.

* * *

When I woke up next day I felt little down, since I've no job or class today so I planned to spend my whole day, holed up in my room with loads of work I've gotten from my last class and I also planned to do some of my works in advance so I won't have to worry about being left behind in future.

But it doesn't go as I planned because Sydney asked more like ordered me come with her and Luke to some restaurant where group are planning to have lunch. I declined her offer not wanting to face him. I'm not ready to face him just yet after his outburst and my almost breakdown but Sydney assured me that he won't be there. She told me that he'd be more likely in New York doing his business. It means after traumatising me yesterday he is back to his routine. It's clear that last night didn't effect him at all, like it did to me. He doesn't care.

So here I'm. In the back seat of Luke car as the car is moving to its destination. Since Syd is in passenger seat they both are teasing, laughing and murmuring sweet words to each other. Not wanting to intrude their moment, I zone them out. I have worn a skinny jeans and a tank top with my hairs up in a ponytail. I'm still feeling little off, maybe this'd help me.

Car stops as we reach to the front of a big expensive looking hotel. Luke helps Sydney to get out being a true gentleman, I don't wait for him to open my door and I step out, helping myself. I have never really understood these ethics. Handing his keys to valet, Luke turn to us smiling, he nods toward big glass door.

From the looks I've received from the doorman, clearly I don't fit in this neither does my clothe. I don't mind it at all, I'm okay with it. I know my place and it's not like I'm here to impress anyone.

Of course not.

As we reach our table or should I say our booth, I see Lucas, Adam and Slade are already there. Adam is the first one to notice us followed by Lucas and Slade. I greet each of them.

Adam smile at me, offering me a seat, "Hey."

I smile back at him, "Hi Adam, how life is treating you?"

He sighs dramatically, "Same old, same old. What 'bout you Miss Ray?"

I mimic his action, "Same old, same old." Bursting at the end, he too laughs along with me.