Chapter - 67

I need her head on my heart, and she needs to hear it beat for her.
~ Leo Christopher.
......

Akira

Wiping my tears I walk inside the corridor of my dorm. Instead of my room I knock Alice's door impatiently.

"What the fu- Akira?"

I try to speak something but end up choking my word until it becomes sobbing. She pulls me into a hug I didn't know I needed. I cry on her shoulder and she lets me, murmuring 'it's okay'. But it's not okay, nothing is okay. I am not sure if it would be okay at all.

God, please make it okay.

She leads me inside and makes me sit on couch. She gives me a glass of water. Sniffing, I drink it feeling my sob subsiding.

She sits in front of me, "Are you okay babe? Wait, don't answer that, of course you are not. Whose ass do I need to kick?"

Despite myself, I giggle. It hard and funny to picture her kicking Romero's arse when she is half of his size. I was right to like her, she is a good friend.

She grins, "That's better. Now tell me what happened?"

I don't want to talk about it but the weigh on my heart is too much. I need to get it out so I tell her everything. She listens without interrupting. I heave a breath after telling her. I truly needed someone to hear me out. At times like this I miss my best friends, who would hear without being judgmental.

"Can I say something?" She asks after a beat.

I nod.

"I don't think King meant to hurt you by hiding the truth, he was just scared that you would leave him and that you did which proves his fear wasn't unreasonable. I am not taking his side but when someone's -who is so used of having control- control slips they do irrational things and your King did the same. You can't hold it against him when he is begging for your forgiveness and is willing to try next time."

My king.

"Then why did he ask about my family when he already knew everything? To have a laugh?" I shake my head.

That's what hurt most, he knew they were dead and how they died, he still went ahead and questioned my deepest scar. He knew everything about me but acted like he didn't. I feel like a fool played by him.

"He probably thought you would think of him as a creep who is obsessed with you." Her words does something to my brain.

Obsessed?

Does he really love me or is he just obsessed with me? What if I'm just an obsession to him that he thinks he love?

The more I think, more I start to doubt his feelings for me. I don't doubt mine though because I know I love him. There is no other word to what I feel for him despite his betrayal.

I look at her desperately, "Can I stay with you tonight?"

She doesn't hesitate, "Of course you can but I think instead of being coward and hide, you should talk to him. Avoidance is-"

"Open the goddamn door!"

Oh God!

Romero

I jump from my seat, my heart racing up, even though he is banging other door. I knew he would follow me. He never listens, even after he promised he'd try. That's why I didn't go to my room. I don't think he knows about Alice. He would never suspect this room.