Chapter - 61

Anyone who falls in love is searching for the missing pieces of themselves. So anyone who's in love gets sad when they think of their lover. It is like stepping back inside a room you have fond memories of, one you haven't seen in long time.
~ Haruki Murakami.
......

Akira

Classes swung by in surprisingly fast moment, probably it's only to me because I'm damn happy today. I am not complaining either. Not much happens there, I've got few essays to write and some information regarding upcoming test. Dev shared my excitement for tonight's function. He told me that he wanted to bring his mother as his plus one but she refused saying he should take Jasmine with him. We parted our ways after chatting few minutes with promise of seeing later at the gathering.

Before I know I'm walking toward library to earn some money. When I pass by shine I think of Alex. He hasn't tried to contact me after our last meeting. I even called him twice since then but he didn't respond. Just as I make decision to go inside I spot his familiar figure approaching his car.

"Alex!" I call out rushing to him.

He stops and turns around quickly. "Hey Angel." He grins slightly.

He looks good in dark grey suit. Any other girl, who don't have their Romero, would be definitely swooning over him by now. And I have my Romero in my heart, soul and my blood.

I breath out, "Hi."

He looks around, "Visiting shine huh?"

I shake my head. If it is up to me I would never go in there after last time I was there. As much I try to forget past it still haunts me. I try to move on and it time to time comes back reminding of the ache I have been through for Romero. It also sets on a fire that it is not over yet. I'm yet to face many more of them. I believe them because I know life with Romero is not going to be fairy tale ride if not opposite.

"No I am going to library actually." I tell him.

"Oh, good." He is avoiding my eyes as he nods.

"Where were you Alex? Why didn't you reply to my calls?" I come straight to the point.

"I was busy with work." Is his clipped reply that I don't believe for a second.

"So busy to even pick up a call?"

"Yeah, work has been hectic."

"Why are avoiding me Alex?"

He lets out chuckle and finally looks at me properly, "Avoid you?"

"Yes avoid me. Did I do something wrong?"

"No Angel, you didn't do anything. I am not lying. It's work and my parents visit that kept me busy."

His parents. He once told me they don't like his work and he is the black sheep of the family. He said they are kind of sophisticated rich who likes to control everything, even their son.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I murmur regretfully. Maybe I am wrong to accuse him and he was really busy. I have no right to demand his attention.

"Don't be. Anyway I did some research and found Eveline's exact address." He smiles proudly.

"You did?" I can't hide my excitement as I exclaim.

He stares me longer then few second as if I'm a foreign creature before nodding, "Yes I have her address. I can send it to you if you want."