Chapter - 42

I don't care if our love is dark and forbidden, all I know that you are mine and I will kill anyone who dares to come between us.
~Anonymous

......

Akira

How can I not love him, when he says thing like this; When he bares open himself like this; When he trusts me enough to show his vulnerability.

I don't know how because it's impossible.

I wonder how many people know this side of him. The defenceless and exposed side, where he doesn't bother to hide his true emotions within mask of the passiveness.

And if anyone knows this side of him, it's impossible for them to not like him.

My mind travels back to the expression of Grace, when she was told of my position in Romero's life. It was obvious that she has crush on him but does she like him on the basis of his outer looks or his inner beauty? Has she seen any emotions run through his eyes and that held her captive? Or she is just fascinated by his charms?

As I watch him drive, I can't help but feel an irrational resentment for anyone who has witnessed his other side before me. I know it's stupid to hold his past against him, I am being ridiculous but I can't help at the moment.

"Grace likes you."

I don't have any particular reason for why I just ask him this question. Maybe I want to see how'd he react to this. Or maybe I just want to confirm that Grace's crush is only one-sided.

Though later seems as ridiculous as I'm being right now.

He snorts, "She doesn't know me."

Means he is aware of her affections. I somewhat expected this since its not humanly possible to miss the star that lits up her eyes in his presence.

"Neither do I." I throw back at him.

That earns me a side glance, "You know me enough."

I hesitate before speaking, "But your enough is not enough for me."

His face stutters slightly but he recovers it just as fast, "I know but I promise that one day you will know me. All of me." He states in hard steely voice.

"I hope that day comes sooner than later when I get know the real you." I breath in.

Taking my hand in his, he kisses my each knuckles delicately, leaving a trail of fire behind his touch. This sign of affection shows more than he could ever speak. I revel in the flame of his passion.

"I am me when I'm with you. You're the only one who has ever come close to the real me."

It's not completely true though, is it?

I could ask about the time when he stood me up or about his family that I know nothing about and many others but this is not time of this conversation. I don't want to start our day with piles of lie when I know he won't tell me truth until he wants to.

I decide to go back to initial topic that brought us here and that is Grace, "So, how do you know about her crush?" I know I'm being overly curious but I don't care.

He frowns but doesn't avert his eyes from road, "I think it was her seventeen birthday when she approached me declaring of her feelings. Said, she wanted me to be her first. She wanted me to make love with her." The chuckle he gives is humorless. His distaste can't be missed when he words 'make love'.