Chapter - 48

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, with problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.
~ Pablo Neruda.

......

Akira

While I'm checking new collection of books during last few minutes at the library before today's work is over, my brain is having an inner turmoil. I'm conflicted between if I should go to club or not. Last time I went to a party I was assaulted and even that time I was not completely sure of my decision to go. I know I think a lot but even then I end up bad choice of decisions sometimes. Still confused after lots of reasoning I leave the decision for later after I talk to Romero. He probably knows how this club 'Kingly' is, considering Sydney didn't give me any address just the name.

Reading the time I sigh, he'd here in few minutes to pick me but instead of going back to his condo, like I have been doing lately, I'll have to go back to my dorm. These last few days we have formed a kind of routine of me going to his home, spending night there and the him dropping me off after having breakfast together. Sometimes we would watch movie or go out and other times he'd work while I did my homework. I love every moment we spend together, even those when he'd get irrationality jealous at any boy who stares me longer than what he thinks is appropriate. He would go all possessive, growling and glaring at everyone. Sometimes I find it cute but mostly humorously irritating, yet I would not change a thing about him if given a chance. I love him the way he is.

I know there are many things I don't know about him, like his parents. Once I even tried to talk about that but he got all rigid and closed off. Since then I avoided that subject but I also know I can't always avoid it. I gathered that It's touchy topic but I also told him about my parents and it wasn't easy. I am ready to give him sometime but nit forever.

In last few days I have not seen Alex or even heard from him. I'm too embarrassed to face him so I left him a message asking if he got the address to which he replied with a simple 'no', I can't tell if he is angry with me and if he is, then what for? I don't think there is anything wrong in kissing my own delicious boyfriend. I didn't even lead him on, since from starting I mentioned him about being just friends with him. But the look on his face other day says otherwise, I am not even sure if I read it right.

The bell of the clock indicating five pm has me picking on my speed of my work. After completing it, I dust my jeans and step out of shelves. Reaching my desk I grab my bag and approach Mr. Jacob's table.

"Old section is shorted out, Mr. Jacob but there are few books that have their binding ripped off."

He looks up from his register and squint his almost white eyes, "Ah, that's okay. I already called someone to fetch it from here. He'd here by 'morrow. If that is all you can go, I will lock it after I'm done." He doesn't wait to hear my response and goes back to what he was on before and that's not strange at all. I'm used to it.

Shrugging I make my way for the main gate of my workplace. Romero would be here in few minutes if he is not already outside. Stepping out I Close the door silently behind me and turn around. Surprised, I suck a breath at the sight him coming toward me with bunch of red roses in his hand.