Chapter - 40

Once upon time there was a boy who loved a girl and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
~ Nichole Krauss

......

Akira

They say we don't spend much time in sleep when reality is finally better than dream. Well not for me. It doesn't matter if reality is better or not, sleep for me is non-negotiable.

Next day I wake up little late than usual, knowing I don't have any class until 10:30 am and even then I have more than enough time. I lay there in bed for few minutes thinking about all the things happened yesterday. It was an eventual day that I both love and hate. Actually its much more love than hate. Even a smallest moment with Romero never fails to excite me. A smile grace my lips as my thoughts itself reach toward him.

My Romero.

Forcing myself to stop with my daydreaming, I get up reluctantly. After my morning routine I decide to do some of my assignment. Now that classes have picked up their speed it's going to need our full concentration to be parallel with them. A bit of negligence and we are behind our class, then it gets very to difficult to recover.

Halfway through my assignment my phone vibrates indicating an incoming call. I pick it up immediately after checking it's from Bella.

"Bella, is everything okay?" I ask, worried. It's unusual for my best friends to call me this early. Yesterday it's Logan and now Bella. Thousands of sceneries run in my mind that I hope are not true.

"Good morning to you too." She is teasing and I relax, just slightly.

"I'm not in mood of joke. Tell me what happened with your parents. Logan was really upset yesterday." I demand firmly.

She lets out a deep breath from other side, "You know my parents. Bloody obnoxious assholes. They apologized to me and wanted me to come back. I, being stupid as always, believed them until I heard their condition to leave Logan. I just... I was so happy Ira that finally they are acknowledging me but I should have known better. I can't believe that I even considered leaving Logan for them, I feel so guilty." Her voice shakes at the end like she is about to cry but I know her. She is one of those people who don't like to show weakness in front of others. She'd rather hang up than have me witness of her crying.

"You can't blame yourself for wanting your parents love, Bella. There is nothing to feel guilty about. Talk to Logan, I'm sure he will understand you." I tell her as softly I could. Her parents really are douches. She may as well be orphan, regardless of them.

How could they do that to their own daughter? I don't think I could ever understand this.

"We did talk yesterday." She sounds relieved.

"So what happened? Are you guys okay now?" I ask picking my nails.

Her tone changes as it gets more excited, "Okay? We are more than just fucking okay. We cleared all our misunderstanding along with hot make sex. It was so amazing that I think I saw stars and-"

Scoffing, I cut her short, "Please do spare the details. I need no visuals of your love making."

She chuckles, "Don't be so prude Ira. So, how is Yale handling you? Is there any hot boy who caught your eye?"

I blink at her question. I can't decide whether I should I tell her or not? But then I think they are my best friends, we have always shared almost everything happening in our life and me getting a boyfriend is big deal. If I don't tell them about Romero now, it's highly possible that they won't forgive me easily.