Chapter - 3

"Are you sent to punish me for my sins?"

"No, I'm sent to become your ultimate sin."

• • • • •

Akira

"I'm really sorry about this evening, Akira. I don't know why the hell King reacted like that. We all know he has temper, a very bad one at that but he never acted this irrationality before." Sydney apologises, again.

"Its okay Sydney. You don't have to apologise on his behalf. I think I must have offended him somehow because of that he reacted like this. I mean yes, he could be little bit more human about it. That's okay I guess." I assure her and even myself. I don't think it's working on either of us.

She snorts, "King and human don't belong in same sentence, girl."

Is it true?

I mean, yes, he did look like a menacing force but of course he is human. The first time my eyes contacted with his, I did see more of him. More then he wanted to be seen. I have seen darkness in him but along with it I have also witnessed loneliness and vulnerability there.

But what if my eyes were deceiving me or what if I'm wrong?

I have always tried to find something good in everyone. I got it from mummy and my this trait is immensely disliked by my best friends. They say it is my weaknesses, my most vulnerable point but I disagree. I believe every bad person has their own trails of story. They are not born like this, it's their circumstances that makes them bad. Some of them cross the line of humanity and they are left with no point of returning back, there is no redemption for them but those who are still under the line deserve a chance to be good, even if it is for their loved one.

Romero didn't seem like he has any intention to cross that invisible line.

Then of course, he is human.

Currently, we are at our living room, discussing our plans for tomorrow classes. She is studying business as she will have to handle their family business in future along with her brother. She also told be about her boyfriend's IT businesses.

"Anyway what's his major?" I ask instead, trying to change subject.

But that too related to him.

Whatever.

She scrunches her nose, "I don't even understand why the fuck he wants to study when he already has everything!"

Wait, what?

"What do you mean?" I ask, confused.

"Oh you know, King's Wing?" She raises her brow.

I stare dumbly before shaking my head in disagreement.

She is looking at me in utter disbelief, "Seriously? You don't know King's Wing? Damn! It is fucking famous and almost worldwide known. Romero King is its rightful owner and CEO."

Oh boy, he is rich, like Richy Rich.

I snort inwardly, probably that's why he is a spoil brat and rude jerk.

"But he is so young. How does he manage it all? Does he even work at all-"

"Of course he does. Most of the weekends he is in New York, to oversee his work. You have lot to learn, babe."

"I'm a country side girl. What did you expect from me? My life was basically school, friends and my grandma. That's it." I was not some famous cheerleader or one of the popular girls who like to have gossips. My life was pretty much scheduled and I like it that way.