Chapter - 7

((Is it too much to ask for your votes and comments? I don't see any reason why most of the people read a story and won't appreciate its author for their work. It doesn't take anything but a single tap on STAR button. Please at least have enough respect just to vote it and make them feel happy. Its important to us:-) ))

Silent readers, I'd really appreciate if you voice your opinions and color the star.
......

Akira

I wake up with a pounding head, like hung over, the fact that I've never touched any alcohol other than wine before, let alone getting drunk, doesn't make me feel any good. With a sigh I get up and look myself in mirror and cringe at the sight, my eyes are puffy, clearly anyone could tell I've been crying. Thank god it's Saturday today, which means no class, but I still have to look for jobs today. Hopefully I'd get one too.

I vaguely remember the dream I saw last night. It was more like memory than a dream. It's very rare for me to see that kind of dream. It only happens when I'm emotionally overwhelmed. I guess yesterday was kind of a bad day for me. I tipsily remember Sydney knocking my door, asking about my first day but I was so drained physically and emotionally I didn't answer her and went back to sleep, neither did I answer any phone calls.

But right now I'm determined to not let anyone ruin my day. Not even him. I muster all my energy and walk into bathroom. After a relaxing hot shower, I dress up in simple sweatshirt and jeans, when I glance in mirror this time, I'm not looking like the mess I was before but not exactly myself either. At least my eyes are less puffy and there is some color in my cheeks. Anyway it will do.

I see my phone picking it up, I unlock it. I gape at the screen that shows 11 missed call from grandma. I don't literally know what to think because I can feel my irritation getting up. Sighing, I call her back. She doesn't pick up so I decide to call her later. Maybe when I'm not irritated enough. I mean I'm eighteen not eight, I am basically an adult but no, all she'd see me as little kid who needs to be told what to do, when to do, how to do. It's suffocating.

She loves you!

I love my grandma, I truly do but this is too much. She needs to see me as an adult not a child. I can take care of myself. She always wants me to lay low, keep hidden for god knows what reason. She was even hesitant to send me here but thanks to Logan and Bella's persuasion I'm here.

I spot Sydney on couch scrolling through her iPhone when I walk in living room. Sensing me she lifts her head and gives me one of her bright smile. She looks so pretty in that sundress I can't help but smile back, taking a seat opposite her. "Hey Good morning."

"Morning," she then frowns, observing me carefully, "Are you okay? You didn't come out last night and now you seem a bit off."

I groan, rubbing my face, "Is it that obvious?" And here I thought no one would notice.

Shaking her her she says, "No, it's not but I'm a pretty good observer. You can tell me anything you know. I really want to be your friend."

I dwell in my mind, should I tell her what happened? I don't really discuss my problems with anyone, not even Logan know my every issue. He has enough problem of his own including Bella's. I keep most of my trouble to myself. But maybe I'd feel okay after I talk to someone. So I decide to tell her everything. And by God if I'm not feeling more lighthearted as I tell her.

It feels good to let out.

Her mouth and eyes both are wide open as I finish telling her, "Oh my god, that's cruel of him to even say those things to you. I can't believe it. Actually I can, this is so much like him, he's like this when he's in one of his moods. I don't know what to tell you except sorry. And I can assure you that all he said is completely bullshit, you are beautiful girl, fuck that, you are gorgeous if I was a gay I'd totally do you."