Chapter - 24

(Tap the little star on your screen and make my day. Ily!:-) )

Akira

After setting new books on their place, my work is almost done and I'm rather glad that I'm half an hour early. There were not lots of work anyway seeing Mr. Jacob's mood is not very breezy. Whole day he has been dozing into his memory and I feel guilty because somewhat it's me who brought up all his nightmare.

But that doesn't mean I don't want to know anymore because I do. I want learn their story, their love and their mistakes. I also know it doesn't have any chance to happen today, maybe some other day. I'm the optimism one, I can wait for that day.

Wrapping up my work, I straighten up and swipe wrinkles on my dress. Today knowing about this date I have chosen a blue dress to wear with a little dip neck. It reaches my knees for sake of modesty and its sleeves are to my elbow. I like it and it fits me.

I caught Syd's raised brows when I was about to get out of our room but I didn't acknowledge it and with a quick bye saying I was late for work, I drifted off. I know it was wrong of me to ignore her but I just didn't want to listen anyone's lecture for my first date.

By the time I manage to get out of library, I am enormously nervous. At this moment I could share this to anyone just to feel little less nervous than I'm right now but I guess I have to manage with myself only.

A sudden thought enters mind, how would he know where I work? I groan of course he wouldn't know. I distinctly recall that he knew about Alex so it means he must be aware about 'Shine' too.

I ignore the point where my inner self asks suspiciously, how does he know about Alex? I try to convince it that maybe they already knew each other and he happened to see me with Alex.

I take out my phone and message him.
'Pick me from Shine cafe, it's near my workplace. I'll be there.' Akira.

Message received.

It's settle, now he wouldn't have to worry about searching my work place.

Sighing I make way toward the cafe. Thanks heaven that college, cafe and library are just in walking distance otherwise it'd be hell considering my lack of transport. It's not that I couldn't afford it. Just not now. After earning some money I'm sure I'd be able to buy not-a-fancy-kind but a-useful-kind of car. I'll see to it when it'll be absolute necessary. Right now I'm content with walking.

Since Kent is a small town there was not any need of car. Even when grandma wanted to give me one as my eighteen birthday present hoping I'd stay there, I refused her saying I didn't need when Logan already had one. It was Logan who taught me how to drive. He is real friend, sometimes intolerable but still he is like big brother to me if it was not for him, grandma almost tore my scholarship form. I knew she never really wanted me to come here, I never understood why.

It's my destiny.

I had to come no matter what.

Once I reach the front door of cafe, the immense amount of uneasiness sweep through me. I take two deep breath to compose my racing pulse.

I can do it.

It's just a date, right?

Is it?

Stepping in I take an empty table nearby door so I can see him when he'll come. Not that I really need to do it seeing he has the kind of influence on me that I can sense him whenever he is around me. It's a weird sensation, my body itself gets electrified and my heart starts racing. I can't really explain it but I know that I have never felt these kind of emotions before. Sometimes it's welcomed and other times frustrating.