#312 he sees the baby for the first time - li

Liam: He looked down at the few-minute old baby girl that's being passed to him. He couldn't help but smile as she gurgled and flailed her arms about above her head. Liam held her close to him but carefully stroked her cheek with his index finger. He looked from the baby girl, back to you, not letting the smile slip from his face.
"She's beautiful babe.." He murmured whilst gently cradling her in his arms. "Absolutely beautiful.." He repeated, looking back down at his tiny daughter who slowly opened her eyes, squinting at the bright lights on the ceiling. Liam leant down and pressed his lips to her forehead, mumbling some words about keeping her safe and never letting her get hurt. You smiled as you watched the scene before you, holding a sleepy smile on your face. 
"I love you Liam" You said sleepily, laying your head back into the pillows. Liam slowly brought his lips away from your daughter's forehead. 
"I love you too. Both of you" He said and walked over, sitting down in the chair beside the bed. "Get some rest babe" He said softly as your little girl kept waving her arms about in the air. 
"Mhm" You murmured, eyes already half shut. Liam chuckled lightly as he watched you, smiling as your baby grabbed onto his shirt, fisting it into her small hand. 
"One last thing, what do you think of the name, Maria?" He asked, looking at your half asleep figure. 
"Perfect" You smiled before you fell into a slumber