#334 'Take Care' lyrics inspired - malik

Zayn: "It's my birthday, I'll get high if I want to. Can't deny that I want you, but I'll lie if I have to."

It was his big birthday bash, Perrie having invited everyone the two of them knew to this fancy club. She was off with someone else, probably dancing the night away while he moped in the corner, sipping on something strong to take the edge off. Ant suddenly plopped next to him, his eyes that stoner-squint that always made Zayn smile when he saw it. He brandished a fat blunt, and Zayn took it gratefully, honestly not caring about the fit Perrie was sure to throw. After a few puffs of the good shit, he was three sheets to the wind and didn't even need the rest of his drink. Until he was you, talking to a few of your mutual friends. He'd known you since you were both three, and he'd been in love with you from day one. Little did he know, the feelings were reciprocated. You turned-after laughing and tossing your hair off your shoulder, and movement that made him lick his lips subconsciously-and then you saw him. Looking at him through your lashes, he nodded his head to get you over to him, standing when you were foot away and hugging you tight, burying his face in your hair. "Missed you, babe." He rasped, pulling you to sit as close as possible to him. He knew he had a fiancee, he knew that this was wrong, but he honestly couldn't care when you looked like that. "Mate, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you trying to get fresh with me." You whispered in his ear, your breath tickling his skin. Slowly, he shook his head, his heart sinking. "Never babe. Couldn't do-" "That to Perrie." You finished, flashing him a sickly sweet smile before standing. "I get it, babe." You leaned down to kiss his cheek, and his heart fluttered against his ribs. "Happy Birthday. Love you." You said, and fled with a wave of your fingers. He eyed your body, and then left the venue to puff on a cigarette and clear his head to no avail.