#461 "it should've been me" Lewis

Louis: "Lou?" You called for your best friend from across the room. There you stood, in a beautiful white gown, just waiting to walk down the isle. Your nimble fingers shake as you grasp the small bouquet of flowers. Louis looks up from his place across from you, his eyes glassy with tears, though the reasoning for them wasn't what you thought. You smile brightly at your best friend, and the man who would be giving you away on this special day. "Can you just zip me up? It's almost time." You nod to him in the mirror, fixing a piece of stray hair as Louis nods and appears behind you. He stared at your open back for a few minutes, adoring your goosebumps and scattered freckles. How he come to be in this situation, he almost couldn't remember. You had met Louis when you were only ten years old. You had grown close from the moment you had met, and your friendship remained tight even through Louis rise to fame. Now, through every single up and down, he was going to be the one to walk you down that isle and give you away to John. John was a wonderfully kind, well off man. He was attractive, and everything you'd ever want in a husband. You felt Louis fingers brush the exposed skin on your back, and instantly goosebumps appeared. After a breath, Louis zipped up your white dress and looked back at you in the mirror, his face was blank with tears escaping down his cheeks. "Lou?" You ask in a confused tone, turning around to come face to face with him. He looks up at you, and the two of you hold each others gaze for what seems like ages. "What is it, Lou?" You ask, your free hand coming up to wipe away a few falling tears. Louis closes his eyes, and leans into your palm, staying quiet for just a few seconds, knowing what he was about to say would possibly ruin everything you and him were. He peaks his eyes open, only to meet your concerned gaze. From behind the big wooden doors, the wedding march has begun to play. That's your cue. You need to move, as it's time to go, but something is tugging at your heart, and so you wait. Louis let's out a deep breath, placing his hand over yours on his cheek. "It should've been me." His words catch you off guard, your breath immediately hitching in your throat. "I'm in love with you."