#367 fears - zaynmalik

Fear of Being Photographed - Zayn:

It wasn't his fault. He had no idea that you were afraid.

But that didn't change the fact that you were.

The blinding lights flashed, and you heard the familiar and frightening sound of the cameras taking photographs.

Snap. Snap.

Hundreds of them, swarming around you as you walked, taking photographs of you and your boyfriend.

Click. Click.

"Zayn! Y/N!" they called, trying to catch your attention as you walked from the restaurant. Their voices were loud, but you struggled to hear them.

Everything seemed to go quiet, and slow down. You could no longer hear the sounds of the cameras going off, or the paparazzi calling your name. You couldn't hear Zayn as he looked at you nervously; asking you what seemed like an important question you didn't know the answer to.

You felt your legs shaking, along with your hands, and you gripped onto Zayn's arm, trying to keep yourself from falling. You stumbled forwards, and Zayn caught you.

He called your name, but you couldn't hear it, only read it from his lips.

"Y/N..." they spoke, but not a sound coming out.

You collapsed to your knees, panting as you tried to breathe, trying to cling onto reality. You couldn't breathe properly, and you felt the paparazzi closing in on you.

You imagined the phantom sound of the cameras, loud in your mind, echoing, repeating.

Snap. Click. Snap. Click.

Your vision was fading, the darkness engulfing you as you gripped Zayn's arm, trying to keep yourself from floating away and into the land of darkness.

"Back off!" He screamed, his voice muffled, as he yelled in anger at the men and women behind cameras, all of whom were snapping pictures and asking questions.

They hushed, and glanced at each other, before shuffling back a few steps, taken off guard by the celebrity's outburst.