#368 fears - louistomlinson

Fear of Closed-In Spaces - Louis:

It was an ordinary day, just like every other, except today, Louis made you take the lift instead of the stairs.

"It takes less time." He had told you, having no idea of your fear as he pulled you into the elevator, closing the doors and pressing the button for the fifth floor.

You just nodded, holding his hand as the lift started moving, moving at an irrational speed.

Or maybe it was rational, maybe that was just your fear talking.

The elevator moved quickly to the third floor, and then, froze. The lift jerked and squealed with the sudden halt, and the blood rushed out of your head. The lights and music in the elevator turned off without warning.

You knew what was happening..

The lift was stuck.

Louis sighed, pulling out his phone and calling the front desk. He began to explain to them what had happened, but you didn't pay any attention. Instead, you started freaking out.

You could feel your hands and legs shaking, and you sat down next to Louis, who was still speaking to the employees at the front desk.

You felt like the walls were closing in on you, as if they were squishing all of the oxygen out of the lift, leaving you to die.

You were breathing in short, rapid breaths, but it seemed as if none of it was actually going to your lungs. You felt as if you were suffocating.

Louis had hung up, with a promise that the lift would be working again soon.

Your heart was beating quickly, like the wings of a hummingbird, and was thumping in your chest so hard you could hear it pounding in your ears.

What seemed like hours later, though would have only been a few moments, the music in the elevator started up again and the lights flickered on, but the lift still didn't move. The slow and quiet song broke the silence in the elevator, but it did nothing to solve your worries.

"You okay, love? You look a little pale..." Louis spoke in a hushed tone, turning to your panicking figure.

You shook your head, unable to form words in this state.

Louis took your cold, clammy hands in his, warming them up as he looked into your eyes, worry all over his face as he watched you with his usually-bright eyes, dimmed for the moment as he watched you.

"You'll be okay. We're both going to be okay." He promised, a promise that he had no control over.

You nodded, and a few minutes later, the elevator started moving again.

"Never taking the lift again..." you whispered to him as the doors hissed open, a cheerful ding ringing through the elevator as it announced the arrival to the designated floor.

Louis agreed.