#482 "Welcome Home" - Zayn

Zayn: You'd been telling him for days he was in for the best surprise when he got home. He'd been racking his brain trying to think of what this surprise could be. He knew that you wouldn't throw him a party, he didn't like those. He knew that it wouldn't be anything over the top because that's not who you were together. In all honesty, he just hoped to have you waiting for him, arms open wide. When he stepped into the house and opened the box that was waiting for him, he frowned. Inside was a pink little ribbon. He opened the next box, and inside that was a pink little pony. He opened box after box, collectivizing each pink item as he made his way up the stairs. When he reached the last box, he shook it. It was light as air. He pushed open the door and you were waiting for him, just as he hoped. "Hi," he smiled, holding all his new presents. "I love the welcome home gifts, but I'm not sure what they're for," he closed the distance and pressed his lips to yours. "Open the last one," you said nervously. He did as you asked, flipping open the box lid with a flick of his thumb. Inside was an ultrasound picture. His hands shook, breath became uneven as his dark eyes met yours. "Welcome home, daddy," you whispered, hand pressing to your stomach. "Really?" he asked hopefully, his hand covering yours. When you nodded, he let out a whoop. "We're going to be parents!" he said in disbelief, clutching you to his chest. "This is the best welcome home ever," he whispered against your neck. "We're going to be a family," he said in awe, "we're going to be a family."