#449 "I'd lie" - Niall

The brick front to my London flat came into view all too soon, and I glanced over at Niall for what felt like the hundredth time. I kept my steps in time with his. His steps were casual, relaxed, like he was in no hurry for the night to end. We strode up to the front steps, each of us staring back at the other. "Well, I guess I should go," he hummed, ruffling his short hair, "but tonight was a laugh." I smiled, nodding thoughtfully. "Yeah, it was. Thanks again, for walking me home," I murmured, mentally kicking myself for the high, nervous pitch of my voice. With a smile, he walked away. I closed the heavy door and let out an exasperated sigh, and slid all the way down until my butt hit the floor. "My god, if I could only say, 'I'm holding every breath for you,'" I grumbled to myself, resting my head in my hands, "how freaking hard is that to say, (Y/N)?" Pulling out my cell phone, I quickly dialed my best friends number, praying she'd be awake. "He's perfect. Absolutely perfect," I chimed, talking at lightning speed the second my friend's quiet voice called through the receiving end, "he's sweet and thoughtful. He always smells amazing, and he has this adorable laugh that I swear could make the sun shine on a cloudy day. And he'd never tell you, but he can play guitar. I think he can see through everything, but my heart." You didn't pause, even for a breath. Your sentences ran together in a muddled mess. "My first thought when I wake up is, 'my god he's beautiful.' So, every morning, I put on my makeup and pray for a miracle. But if you asked me if I love him, I'd lie.