#480 "Welcome Home" - Harry

Harry: He was so damn tired he could barely keep his eyes open on the car ride home. He wanted to be awake when he saw you for the first time after so long. It was close to 2:30 am, and he knew you'd be asleep but that didn't matter. He just wanted to be able to look at you, wrap his arms around you and hold you the way he'd been dreaming of for the last three months. As he stumbled out into the night, his bags thrown over his shoulder, he made his way to the front door. He stepped into the living room, the familiar smell of your perfume filling the air. God, he'd missed that smell. His heart started to pound faster as he dropped his bags and locked the door. He crept up the stairs and down the hallway and pushed open your bedroom door. "Oh," he mumbled, looking at you so lovely in sleep. Your hair was a mess around your pillow, his shirt barely visible in the lighting. You were squeezing his pillow to his chest with such force he could have cried. He slid into bed beside you, slowly drawing you into his chest. "Hi baby, hi," he murmured, lips feathering over your cheeks. He'd never felt so awake in his life. You were here, in his arms finally. "Harry?" you mumbled, fingers sliding up his shirt. "Hi, my love," he grinned, pressing his lips to yours. "Welcome home," you sighed, kissing him back the way you'd been dreaming of for months. "You have no idea how much I've missed you," he whispered, fingers knotting in your hair as he pulled you flush against him.