#366 fears - liampayne

Fear of Failure - Liam:

The pressure was building as you sat at your desk, buried underneath piles of papers and assignments. School was becoming too much. Your head hurt and back ached. You longed for the comfortable bed in the other room, the cushioned chair in the living room, anywhere but where you were, really.

But your assignments and papers were due soon, and big tests were coming up, so you had no choice but to sit there and study for hours on end.

And that little voice in the back of your mind kept reminding you, telling you that it wouldn't be enough, telling you that you'd still fail those exams and assignments, no matter how long you sat here for, because you weren't good enough.

And that worried you.

"Y/N, you need to take a break." Your boyfriend said softly, standing behind you and the uncomfortable wooden chair you sat in.

"I can't, or I'll fail. I need to study." You argued, trying to make sense of the notes written before you.

Your brain had turned to mush, and you knew it. It had happened around four hours ago, but you still forced yourself to work long into the night.

"It's three a.m. You need to sleep." Liam said sternly, kissing your cheek as he gently took your hand, pulling you away from the desk and into the bedroom.

You stumbled behind him unwillingly, trying to escape from his strong grip. He wasn't hurting you, he would never do that, but you could tell that no matter how hard you tried, you wouldn't be able to escape from him.

"You'll thank me later." He said.

"You mean when I fail? I have to study!" you argued, pouting as you looked into his eyes, a look of despair on your face.

He didn't say a word, just watched you as you stared back at him. You stood like this for a moment, in complete and utter silence, before you admitted it.

"I'm scared."

Two words, spoken in a hushed tone, and the minute they left your mouth, Liam pulled you into a hug, holding you close to his warm body.

"I'm scared I'll fail, that I'll do badly." You whispered into his chest, sobbing.

And he held you like that, humming to you quietly in your ear, until morning.