#396 'time of the month' - malik

Zayn:

Zayn usually tried to steer clear of you when you were on your period - mostly because you could change from happy to angry in an instant.

And he didn't like you being angry at him.

But despite what he tried to do, he always ended up next to you, talking to you, soothing you. He couldn't help it; he didn't have the heart to just watch you suffer for the week.

He watches as you open all of the kitchen cabinets, as you empty all of the kitchen drawers. He knows what you are looking for; after all, you did this every month.

"Sweetie, there isn't any more chocolate." Zayn states cautiously, but doesn't admit that it had been you who had eaten it all - he knew that would surely start a screaming match.

You groan, before slamming the cupboard you had been searching through shut, regretting it almost instantly as the sound rattles throughout your head, making your migraine even worse.

You shuffle over to him, pouting as you look up at his amused face.

"This isn't funny, Malik." You whine, glaring at the smile playing on his lips.

He doesn't reply, but instead opens his arms, offering what he knew you needed most in that moment. You gladly accept his offer and step into his warm embrace, his strong arms encircle around you and a content sigh leaves your lips as you rest your head upon his shoulder.