5-Just friends

Jaz's POV

'So how was it?" Cat asked.

We were lying on her bed just hanging out to pass the time, it was the weekend again and a few days since Mitchel and I had went out. We had been texting each other but hadn't seen one another since the restaurant.

'How was what?" I reply scrolling through my phone.

"Don't play dumb, you know exactly what I'm talking about" She says.

"It was fine, nothing happened" I say, using the same description I gave her when she asked the first time.

"I don't believe that, something must've happened" She replied, begging for details.

I sat up and let out a sigh as she continued to stare at me, awaiting an answer.

"We're just friends" I say once again hoping to move on from the subject.

"Say that to the phone you've been glued to all week texting him" She smirks.

"Friends text, Cat" I smile back.

She finally drops the subject and we try to decide what to do. We eventually decide to go out to the club as Cat suggested it would be a good way for us to let loose after our pretty hectic schedule at university this week. We have some pre drinks in the flat first to get us in the mood before getting ready.

I decide on an orange dress which was a change from my usual black attire. It looked good with my dark hair whereas cat went for a more subtle light pink dress. We do our make up and hair before heading out into the dark streets of the city. It felt weird going out just us two as we normally go out as part of a bigger group but everyone was already busy.

The alcohol was already having an effect as my cheeks felt hot even if the night was cold. We were giggling away over the stupidest things on our walk to the club. I regretted my choice of heels as my feet were already hurting but I tried to ignore it as they looked too good with this dress not to wear them.

Once we got to the club I get us both drinks from the bar as we listen to the music enjoying the atmosphere. We take a few photos and post the, to various social medias as we dance to the beat.

There's a guy interested in Cat and she seems apprehensive at first but soon dances along with him. I laugh even though it's not funny as I try to find my way to the toilet, giving Cat some space. I already knew it was a bad idea because I would no doubt lose her and be stuck alone when I got back.

I have to queue for the bathroom so I get my phone out checking all my notifications as I try to cool down, the club was so hot and I could feel my make up smudging. I check my snapchat to see a message from Mitchel and I open it.

Mitchel: Where are you?

I look at the photo and it's a blurry picture of him in a dark background. I reply back to him telling him where I was and why he wanted to know. A part of me hoped this meant he wanted to see me and I would get to see him tonight. I go to the bathroom and checks myself in the mirror, fixing anything that needs fixing before heading back out and into the club. My phone buzzed and it takes me a second to realise he's phoning me and so I answer it, pressing it to my ear as I hear his voice come through. I walk out the front where I can hear him better.

"Where are you?" He asks.

"I already told you, I'm at the club on the strip with the palm trees out front" I say repeating my text to him.

"No I know but like where are you?" He laughs.

I'm so confused by what he's trying to say, my slow mind not keeping up with his words.