(II) 2- Reunion

Jaz's POV

"Welcome to our crib!" Cat squeals as she opens the door to our hotel room.

My mouth fell open from the sheer size of it, the hotel had already looked fancy upon entering with a marble reception. This room was unlike anywhere I had ever stayed; it had two large king beds, a giant flatscreen, mini bar, balcony and a big bathroom with a jacuzzi.

"Um what the hell?" I exclaim pacing up and down looking at everything.

I had left Cat in charge of booking the hotels while I had booked the flights but she had far surpassed my expectations.

"Well I figure you deserved a treat after the crappy few months" She smiles "Also I'm no doubt gonna bail and stay with Clinton so the least I could do was leave you with a bomb ass hotel room"

I laugh at the last part knowing it was true but I didn't mind at all, I wanted her to have a good vacation here with Clinton and I'm sure staying in this giant room wouldn't be too much of a hardship...

"You're the best" I say.

"And don't you forget it" She says blowing me a kiss and booping my nose.

I go out on the balcony and observe the view. It was super sunny but nowhere near as hot as what California was when we left. It felt strange being back here because all it does is make me think of the first time I came, only a few months ago. Being here at Christmas was so nice, it was the first time in years that I had spent the holidays with a 'family' and now it seemed I would be spending this years alone again.

"Champagne for the lady?" Cat suggests in a posh accent.

I turn around and see her holding a bottle and two glasses from the mini fridge.

"What are we celebrating?" I laugh.

"The fact that I survived 14 hours on a plane with your annoying ass snoring" She replies bluntly.

"Hey!" I whine slapping her arm.

"For real though we deserve a treat, another year of uni is done and we got good grades" She beams.

I was actually surprised Cat did so well considering she hardly went to classes but towards the end she spent whole days in the library studying so we both worked super hard for our grades.

She pops the bottle open and fills up the glasses before we clink them together and tip our heads back.

"To the beginning of a very exciting trip" She says winking.

It was going to be a lot more interesting for her than me, but I was just relieved to get away somewhere and have a change of scene. We put on some music and start getting ready for our first night out in the city, which was thankfully just going to be us two for tonight.

-----

"But why do I need to come?" I whine.

It was the next morning and I was trying to nurse my headache after all the alcohol we consumed last night. We had a great night last night just hanging in bars and getting drunk, just the two of us for once.

Now however, she was trying to convince me to go with her to meet up with Clinton and by convincing I mean she was forcing me to join them.

"Because Clinton misses you and wants to see you" She explains.

"I find that hard to believe" I sigh.

It's not that Clinton and I weren't friends; we were. We weren't close friends however, not enough that would merit him wanting to see me. We texted every now and then and sent eachother memes but that was mostly the extent of it.