9- who the hell are you

Jaz's POV

"Jaz I can't believe we're backstage" Cat whispers to me as we look around the room.

"You know for someone that's fucked a member of the band, this really shouldn't be a big deal" I say shaking my head.

"Shut up!" She hisses in fear Clinton will hear.

"He's not even listening, relax" I sigh.

I sit down on a comfy leather sofa as Cat sits next to me tapping away on her phone presumably to her groupchat on twitter, they all talk about the boys on there but Cat hasn't told them that we've begun hanging out with them on the daily. She's probably scared of what they would say, like what they said about me.

Ignorance is bliss.

The boys were taking a break in between rehearsal and the actual concert. Mitchel stayed over at mine last night which was nice but my bed was considerably smaller than his meaning it was a little more cramped, not that he minded though.

The boys were due to go on at 9 and it was now half 8. I had an early class in the morning so I'm glad they weren't on too late this time so that I could still come and enjoy it.

Cat wasn't giving many details on Clinton and I think it's mainly because she doesn't want to admit she likes him and might actually want to pursue something from it.

I look over at Mitchel and he's listening to something Jesse is telling him although he doesn't seem too interested in what he's saying. He catches my eye and sends me a subtle wink before going back to talking to Jesse. I feel my cheeks heat up which is so silly over something so minuscule but I can't help myself.

"Ooh someone's looking a little flustered" Christian smirks sitting down next to me.

"I am not" I protest.

"Hmm ok say that to your bright red face" He retorts.

"It's just hot in here" I say.

Once again he just nods as if not believing me as I continue to watch Mitchel from afar admiring him silently. He made everything he did look good; brushing his hair from his face, laughing, telling a story. It was frustrating, I couldn't get him out of my head.

"You really like him don't you?" Christian asks.

"Nah I actually really hate you guys, I'm just constantly hanging out with all of you as a cruel extended joke" I reply.

"Haha" He mutters in a fake way "I mean for real though, you do don't you?"

I was thrown off by his question. How could I possibly answer that? I've known him less than a month, how could I know if I liked him?

Sure, I liked the idea of him and being together but I didn't truly know him or his intentions. I had to be careful, or at least try.

"We're just friends" I say trying to sound convincing.

Truth was that is all we were; friends. I mean yeah, we've kissed. That's the extent of it though minus some teasing on my part,of course. We weren't together, we weren't a thing and yet we weren't friends either. We were more than that but honestly I don't know what that is.

"You expect me to believe that?" He asks raising his eyebrow.

I simply nod my head not sure what else to say.

I know in everyone else's heads, we were already a thing. Even people in twitter had already declared us dating and they had some pretty nasty things to say about it.

"Well I suppose I should get ready to go on" He smiles walking over to where his clothes were.

I like that he didn't press too much into the topic unlike Cat who was questioning me on the daily although today she has been pretty distracted by other things. Clinton has been quiet but what's new there. I wonder if he liked Cat too or just wanted the fuck, she was only here on my bringing.

"On in two!" Someone who worked here reminded the boys.

I could hear the crowd already, they were getting pretty loud just waiting on the boys and even though it was a small venue, they still managed to pack a room; id taken a peek earlier.

I walk over to the side waiting for them to start walking down the corridor to stage. Cat and I decided to watch the show from the crowd rather than backstage which I was surprised by but I like the idea of being there where I could get a better view.

As we were walking Mitchel came up next to me, gently holding my hand and giving me a small smile which I reciprocated back.

Once we got to the stage door, he turned to face me indicating it was time for his departure.

"Good luck" I say giving his hand a tight squeeze.

"Thank you, although obviously I won't need it cos I'm such a pro" He smirks.

I simply laugh and roll my eyes at his cockiness as the other boys start heading on.

"I'll see you soon" He smiles looking excited to perform but also not wanting to leave me.

I nod my head in agreement as he places a chaste kiss on my cheek before giving me one last wink as he bounced onto the stage.

I walk out to the crowd to meet Cat as she's already enjoying the first song that's just started. They were good performers, that was something you couldn't deny. Unlike other bands and performers; this wasn't a chore or labour, it was just them having fun and putting their all into their work.

I sang along with the songs I did know; Mitchel had been teaching me them claiming if I was to continue hanging out with him I had to learn his songs which I knew was understandable.

The crowd was enjoying the show and so was I. It was nice for Cat and I to just enjoy the music rather than her just screaming incoherent words at me like last time.

The show was almost over with just one song left to go. The chords for Okay started playing which had grown to be my favourite. I knew Mitchel liked it because he always got a water bottle out and basically baptised the crowd with it and it looked like a lot of fun.

The song ends and so does the set as the lights go down and Cat and I fight to get out quickly to make it backstage before anyone followed us or before we get stuck in the crowd.

She pulls me down the hall we came up and back to the room where we'd previously been situated. Most of the boys were now shirtless and pretty sweaty. It was definitely a sight to behold.

I walked over to Mitchel and he pulled me in for a hug even though I squealed for him not to as he was covered in sweat. He just continued to laugh and hug me tighter making me laugh but cringe at the same time.

He pulls away eventually, just letting his arm hang loose around me as the boys all talk animatedly between themselves about the concert.

There's a knock on the door and Jesse goes to answer it, he lets in the person and I can recognise it's a girls voice and I figure it must just be a fan that had gotten backstage somehow.

She has long blonde hair and walks in slowly with high heels making a noise as they come into contact with the wood on the floor.

"Oh no" I hear Cat mumble leaving me confused.

"So nice to see you again baby" She says directed towards Mitchel.

I see his face drop as he looks at the tall girl in front of us. I look between them and my mind is lost on what's going on.

"Who is that?" I try and ask him quietly.

She lets out a scoff at me sending me a really dirty look.

"More like who the hell are you" She corrects rolling her eyes.

She plasters a fake smile on her face in her bright red lipstick before turning her focus back to me.

"I'm Mitchel's girlfriend"

Ooohhh shit. Shit goin down.
RIP Mitchel ✌🏽

I'm honestly so overwhelmed with all the love I've received for this story, you guys don't understand how much it means you all like it and I'm glad I can keep writing it for you. Please like and comment, it helps me tremendously! ❤️