18- History repeating

Jaz's POV

The past week had been pretty uneventful, I had spent most of my time in class or with Mitchel.

I had become friends with Luke and although he was slightly flirty, he was good company and it was nice to have a friend on the course now.

We had been given a project together to work on over the weekend so he was coming over to mine later to work on it. I hadn't yet told Mitchel about Luke because in all honesty I wasn't sure what his reaction would be.

I was always worried about having friends that were guys because my last boyfriend always got so annoyed at me for it and I always felt really guilty but I hoped Mitchel wouldn't be that controlling.

I headed over to their house just now to pay a quick visit before I had to work on the project. It was a nice day and I was pretty bummed I was going to have to spend it in my flat staring at a computer screen.

I walk up the drive and ring the doorbell. It takes a while before anyone answers and from the look on Clinton's face, they were all still asleep, even if it was now 3pm.

"Hey" I smile.

He sends me a sleepy 'hello' back while rubbing his eyes and closing the door behind me. I look around for Mitchel but I fail to see him anywhere so I deduct he's still in his room so I quietly make my way upstairs. I softly knock on his door but I don't think he hears so I head in anyway.

I expect to find him in his bed but it's empty with the sheets messily thrown on the floor. I look up and instead see him out on his small terrace looking out onto the hills and smoking a cigarette. He looked effortlessly perfect with his hair messy and his sweatpants hanging low, a long sleeved shirt loosely hanging on his shoulders.

He was bent over the railing peacefully taking in the view and blowing smoke out of his mouth. Such a simple action that I could spend hours watching.

He doesn't hear me come in and I almost don't want to interrupt him but I saunter over anyway and gently wrap my arms around his waist earning a small jump from him.

He looks down and sees it's me and relaxes against my touch.

"You scared me babe" He laughs softly.

"Sorry" I mumble.

He turns round to face me now and I let go of him as he leans against the railing with his back and I sit down on the small chair. He continues to smoke his cigarette and it was insane how he made something so disgusting look so beautiful.

"What brings you round here at this time eh?" He asks "We're going to the studio soon, you joining?"

"Uh no actually that's why I'm here now, I need to go work on a project" I say.

"You can bring it with you" He smiles.

"Uh well I can't actually, it's a joint project, I need to do it with someone else in my class, we're working in my flat" I explain.

He nods in understanding and looks a bit wary and I already know it's probably not going to go down well.

"Well that's cool too" He smiles.

He finishes his cigarette quickly and throws it into the small bin, not caring that he had missed and that it had landed on the floor.

"Do you have a good partner?" He asks.

I knew what he was trying to do. He wanted to know if it was a girl or boy but Mitchel was also stubborn and didn't want to just come out and say it.

"Yeah" I nod "He's new"

"Oh" He replies "Cool"

I could feel the air becoming tense even though we were outside and it was as fresh as ever.