(II) 8-BBQ

Mitchel's POV

The minute my eyes fall on the owner of the high pitched voice shouting my name I feel my blood run cold. It couldn't be, surely not.

But it was.

I catch Jaz's confused face as she too looks over at the girl heading over in our direction. This couldn't be happening, not while I was so close to getting Jaz back.

I had no idea what she was even doing here, it was like a cruel punishment that she was standing in the very same room as Jaz who I knew for a fact she wouldn't hold back on, she was about to ruin everything.

"Hey Mitch" She says with a sickly sweet smile on her face.

"Uh hey" I reply "What are you doing here?"

"Can't I come visit my favourite Australian?" She laughs hitting me playfully.

She sees my worried glare and she replaces her smile with a roll of her eyes as I feel Jaz sit back and watch this whole interaction go down.

"Relax" She adds "I'm just visiting my sister"

"Awh okay" I reply.

I was hoping this would be the extent of the conversation but of course luck wasn't on my side and she pulls up a chair to sit next to us, much to mine and Jaz's annoyance.

"So aren't you going to introduce me to your friend" She says raising her eyebrows looking over at Jaz.

"Uh Jaz this is Eva" I say "Eva this is Jaz"

They both send each other small smiles but I know neither really mean them and I nervously bite my lip. I had to be very careful here, I couldn't let Eva say the wrong thing and ruin everything I was working so hard to fix.

"So how do you two know eachother?" Jaz asks speaking for the first time since Eva arrived.

"She's a friend from back in Miami" I dismiss.

Eva frowns at my words, annoyed I replied before she had the chance to get in her response.

"Yeah Mitch and I always have lots of fun together don't we?" She says looking over at me.

I awkwardly nod hoping and praying to god she would just leave. I wanted the floor to swallow me up, my heart was beating fast worried for what Eva might let slip.

While I had the intentions of sleeping with her that night back in Miami, I didn't actually go through with it. I made it to her hotel room and she was more than happy to lose some clothing but the whole time I couldn't help but think of Jaz. We kissed and made out for a fair bit but that was the extent, all I could do was compare her lips to Jaz and how there was no feeling, no spark or emotion and it didn't leave me wanting more.

When she tried to undress me, I stammered an excuse about needing to leave and I walked out the door leaving her sprawled out half naked on the bed. I just couldn't do it, even if we weren't together I just couldn't do that to the girl I loved, the guilt would eat me alive. The guilt was already killing me just having done that much and keeping it secret these past few weeks.

I knew Eva wasn't happy after I basically abandoned her and Eli had messaged me relaying the message that she was less than happy with me walking out on her for no reason. So seeing her here with a painfully fake smile on her face left me worried, she was up to something and I knew she could easily lie to Jaz and say something happened and any chance of us getting back together was over.

Her phone starts ringing and she answers it with an annoyed sigh and begins to bicker with the person on the other line before hanging up.

"Sorry to cut this little reunion short but I'm gonna have to go" She tuts "My stupid sister wont leave me alone for two seconds"