(II) 3- alliance

Mitchel's POV

I couldn't believe it. I almost didn't want to believe it, surely it couldn't be real that the girl that had consumed my mind day and night for months was standing right in front of me.

She looked breathtaking, she always did. Her hair had grown longer and now had choppy bangs, she also had lighter make up on than normal but she looked beautiful just the same.

"What are you doing here?" I ask softly.

I could feel everyone's eyes on us but I was paying no attention to them, my full focus was on Jaz and the fact she was right in front of me, her eyes holding an emotion I could not decipher. I hadn't heard directly from her since the night she broke up with me, I was beginning to question if she had even been real in the first place. Was she missing me as much as I was missing her? Had she finally come back to me?

"I have to go" She whispers uncomfortably.

She frantically looks down at her sides trying to locate her belongings. She throws her bag on her shoulder as she stumbles while pushing her chair in. Christian tried to catch her wrist and pull her back but she refrained and muttered something to him that I couldn't catch.

"No wait" I add quickly.

"I'm sorry" She says quickly avoiding my gaze completely before pushing past me and leaving the room.

I go to follow her but Clinton pulls me back and pats my shoulder sympathetically shaking his head indicating I shouldn't go after her. I wanted to shake off his grip and run after her, like I should've done the night she ended things with me. I really did want to, but I knew it was no use. Seeing her that surprised to see me obviously meant she didn't come here for me at all, and if she didn't want to speak to me before then that obviously wasn't going to change now.

I was coming to terms with the fact that she was out of my life. Sure I was sad and tired and I always thought about her, but I had accepted I wasn't going to see her again. Then she shows up here and I see her face; her beautiful face staring at mine and now all my feelings came right back, not that they had left at all. Knowing she was here and she didn't want to even be around me made me feel worthless.

Everyone was still staring at me, they tried to diffuse the tension by talking about what to do for dinner but I couldn't possibly think about food after what just happened.

"Honey do yo-"

"I'm going to my room" I say cutting off my mum.

I felt bad interjecting her like that but I just couldn't deal with the pitying stares anymore. I wanted peace and I wanted quiet.

"Okay" She says sadly.

I knew she had been pretty upset when she heard that Jaz and I broke up, she really did take a liking to her and wanted us together. I guess she seen Jaz as the daughter she always wanted and never got. Instead she got me; a giant fuck up that ruins everything good.

I flop down on my bed and stare at the ceiling. My eyes were stinging and I could feel the tears threatening to fall. It wouldn't be the first time I cried over her and probably not the last either.

Why was she even here? I figure she was just accompanying Cat here but she must have known I would be here too, if she really didn't want to see me then she wouldn't have came at all. There must be a small part of her that wants to see me. There had to be.

There was a knock on the door that interrupts my thoughts and I shout back that I don't want to talk to anyone. Whoever it was, didn't listen and came in anyway.

"You okay?" The voice says.

I sit up and I'm surprised to see Cat. Despite everything we had never really spoke that much at all, minus the night we all met and she was still a super crazy fan.