10- Angeline

Jaz's POV

I could see her lips moving as she continued to speak but I wasn't listening anymore. My chest felt tight as I tried not to get upset. How could he not tell me he had a girlfriend? Why didn't anybody?

I pull away from Mitchel and as we lock eyes, I start to walk away in fear of what I'd say to him in front of everybody. He calls my name and attempts to follow me but he's stopped by the girl who had just changed everything from a couple of words.

I keep walking down halls and corridors until I wasn't even sure where I was anymore. They were dark and I probably wasn't supposed to go down them, I think they were private but I didn't care at this moment. It was cold too and I began to regret not picking up my jacket first before leaving the room.

I cross my arms around myself trying to provide some heat for myself as I find a small vacated room with a couple of sofas which was similar to the one I was just in, perhaps a spare one for bigger events.

I walk in and flick the switch but only a few lights worked so it was still pretty dark. Regardless, I sat down anyway trying to collect my feelings and not breakdown in the middle of a building I didn't even know.

I should've seen something like this coming. This was his lifestyle; attractive girls fawned over him all the time so having his fun with more than one was inevitable. I had just hoped he wasn't like that, he didn't seem like the type but I guess they never do.

I had felt so happy this morning so this sad feeling was so heavy on my chest. I really thought this was going to work out. I guess it's better to find out now rather than months in.

I could feel my phone buzzing and I could see several missed calls from different people; some being Christian, one Clinton and a few from Cat. There were also lots from Mitchel but even seeing his name on the screen made me annoyed.

I didn't want to answer any of them but at the same time I knew I couldn't just hide in here forever. I just wanted some space to think, to breathe.

I hear shoes hitting the floor of the corridor outside. So much for peace. My phone buzzes again and it makes a noise and I try to quickly end the call but the person outside hears and approaches the door. I turn around and look away not wanting to be pitied.

"Jaz?"

I recognise the voice and they come sit opposite me looking at me like a fragile doll about to be cracked.

"Jaz? Are you okay?" He asks softly looking worried.

"How could he?" I ask quietly although it came out more as a squeak.

"It's not what it looked like" He says "You need to speak to him"

I let out a low laugh at his words. He was obviously going to defend his friend and get me to talk to him.

"I think it's exactly what it looked like" I say.

He doesn't say anything to this, probably because it's not his place. He taps something quickly on his phone and puts it back in his pocket before walking over to me and I don't look at him, too scared I'll cry.

"You're cold" He states as he touches my shoulder.

He proceeds to take off his jacket and wrap it round me and I send him a weak smile grateful for his kindness. Christian was a really good friend and I was glad it was him that found me and not the others.

"Please let him explain" He says and I'm about to reply but I see Mitchel is now standing there, in the doorway.

Christian sends me one last warm smile before leaving just us two in the room and the awkwardness was clearly obvious.