26- cute

Jaz's POV

We had successfully landed over an hour ago and for the first time in my life I was on Australian grounds. It took us a while to get through security and get our luggage but we were now in a car on our way to Mitchel's house. Taylor; Clinton and Mitchel's brother came to pick us up and he was very lovely to meet and made me feel right at home.

I was excited to meet Mitchel's parents but also nervous as I had never done the whole 'meet the parents' thing before. I was asleep for most of the flight so I was pretty wide awake now whereas the boys were slightly jet lagged and groggy. I already missed Christian whom we parted ways with at the airport but I knew we'd see him soon at New Years.

"It's so weird being home again" Mitchel hums staring out the window.

Clinton was in the front catching up with Taylor while Mitchel and I sat in the back.

"Good weird?" I ask.

"Yes definitely" He nods "Especially with you here"

"It'll be interesting for sure" I laugh.

It takes us around half an hour and we finally reach their house which was just as lovely as their LA house however this has more of a homely feel to it, probably through years of them making it theirs. It made me miss my home which I had not visited in a while. It was just lying empty at home waiting for me with no one in it.

As soon as we walk inside the house we are greeted by Mitchel's parents and they are so welcoming, enveloping me in hugs and complimenting me. I can see why Mitchel is so close to all his family, they're all so nice and sweet.

"So you're the girl my son has so kindly kept under wraps from me" Mitchel's mother, who I've come to learn is called Biddi says.

I look over at Mitchel and he throws his hand up in defence as he smiles.

"Hey I'm just trying to protect myself you'll embarrass me" He replies looking at his mom.

"I would do no such thing" She gasps feigning offence.

"Really? So you wouldn't show her all the photo albums you have upstairs?" He asks unconvinced.

"That's different, that's tradition" She smiles squeezing his cheeks.

He just groans at her affection obviously embarrassed and goes over to speak with his dad leaving just his mom with me.

"It really is lovely to meet you Jaz" She beams "It's clear you make him very happy"

"He makes me very happy too" I blush.

"I was very worried about him for a while, out in LA I can't keep track of them you know? He was getting mixed in with things he shouldn't" She frowns shaking her head.

"He always seemed sad and down whenever we spoke and now he seems a lot happier and like his old self so I thank you for bringing him back to that" She adds.

She was looking over at him from afar while he sat on the couch with his dad laughing animatedly.

"I'm not sure how much that's down to me but I'm very blessed to have met him, he's very special" I say.

I also look over at him and it really sunk in how lucky I am to have someone like him in my life. He flew me all the way out here just to make sure I wasn't alone and he makes me feel like the only girl in the world. I had never felt such things for anybody.

"I'm glad you are joining us for the holidays, I hate to think of you sitting in that city all alone" She says disapprovingly.

"Thank you for having me, it's very kind of you to open up your home to me" I say gratefully.

"Don't even mention it, Mitchel is over the moon to have you here and so am I" She replies "It's nice to have another girl around here for once"

I laugh along with her and we chat for another little while before she excused herself to go make dinner.

I join Mitchel over on the sofa before he takes it upon himself to give me a grand tour of the house with commentary and I can't help but laugh at his goofy side. I loved it when he was super playful like this, it was like having a best friend and boyfriend all in one.

He takes me to his room last and it's different to his room in LA. His room here is more personal and younger in terms of the posters on the wall and the knick knacks scattered around the room. It was nice to see where Mitchel had spent his time growing up and into the man he is today.

He had a few photos up on his dresser and he looked so young; his braids nowhere to be seen and face looked so fresh and youthful. It was hard to believe it was only taken a few years ago.

"Do you like it?" He asks.

"Your room?" I ask.

"Yeah" He nods.

"Yeah it's cute" I smile.

"Cute?" He asks unimpressed.

"What's wrong with cute?" I ask.

"Baby I am not cute" He scoffs.

"I never said you were, I said your room is" I clarify.

"Oh so now I'm not cute anymore?" He jokes.

"You're so annoying" I say not meaning a single word, my giant grin giving that fact away.

"Yeah but you love me" He smirks.

"Sadly, yes" I shake my head.

"Sadly huh?" He laughs "I'll remember that one"

"You do that" I nod sticking my tongue out at him.

"You wanna nap?" He asks.

"Do you wanna nap?" I ask knowing how tired he is from yawning every few minutes.

"Very much so" He replies.

"Well you should've been smart and slept on the plane like me" I smirk.

He pulls me onto the bed with him and I snuggle into his side.

"Well that's hard to do when someone snores like a pig" He retorts.

"Did you just call me a pig?" I say opening my mouth in disbelief.

"Yes but you're a very adorable pig" He laughs booping my nose for good measure.

"You're lucky you're cute" I reply.

"So now I'm back to being cute huh?" He asks.

"Mitchel?"

"Yes?" He replies.

"Go to sleep"

---

V v v short chapter
V v v sorry

I just wanted to update something for u guys cos u always show me love ❤️

Next chapter is really cute I have it planned and y'all will like it so vote and comment as usual