(II) 23- family

*4 months later*
Jaz's POV

I artfully dodge a hoard of people coming my direction as I pull Christian's wrist through the sea of shoppers. It was Christmas next week and so the shops were flooded with people squeezing in last minute shopping; including myself.

"I hate you for bringing me here" Christian complains as I lead him into another clothing store.

"No you don't" I reply.

"Okay I don't hate you but I definitely hate shopping" He moans.

"Really? I couldn't tell" I say rolling my eyes.

I flick through the rails trying to find something good to get Mitchel. It was crazy to think that this time last year I was doing the same thing with Clinton in Australia. So much changes in a year.

Although I was sad that going back to Australia in a few days wouldn't be the same without Biddi waiting at the other end, life was still good and Mitchel and I were the best we'd ever been. He'd been doing so well and only had a drink on special occasions and never pushed more than one or two; he knew his limits and I'd never seen him so healthy and happy. It made my heart swell, seeing how far he had come and how strong he was.

"Do you know what he got me?" I ask Christian hoping for a hint.

"You know I'm not allowed to tell you" He replies.

"Come on just one hint" I plead.

"No" Christian replies "Believe me even if I wanted to I couldn't"

I roll my eyes and casually pick up some items I know Mitchel would like as Christian follows me around looking like he'd rather be anywhere else.

"Jaz?"

I turn around to see my friend from my group with Cat that I hadn't seen for a month or so. I immediately pull her in for a hug and we rush out sentences and questions trying desperately to catch up in a few minutes. I hear a cough from the side and I look over remembering Christian and how I was being rude by not introducing them.

I notice his face and it was slightly tinted pink and he looked pretty shy, silently looking at me to introduce him and a bright idea pops into my head as I see Christian's obvious interest.

"Alexa this is Christian" I say pulling him over "Christian this is Alexa"

They both bashfully smile at eachother and say hello and I knew then I had done a good thing, hell maybe even a great thing. I don't know why I hadn't thought of it before, Alexa was great and been complaining about being single for ages.

We have a conversation for another few minutes before she goes back to her shopping and I go back to mine but I catch them both shyly sneaking glances at eachother and I tried to contain my smugness of knowing what was about to happen. We say goodbye and I head towards the checkout to buy these things and get out the shop which was getting increasingly busier.

"So uh-"

"Just give me your phone and I'll put the number in" I interrupt knowing where he was going.

"Thank you" He smiles with a blush still present.

I just smile in return just happy I could bring some happiness to him because I still secretly resided some guilt after what happened with us and I'm glad we managed to move past it but I still hated boasting being so happy with Mitchel around him so maybe now he could be as happy as us if this all worked out. I finish buying the clothes and we head towards the door.

"Now lets get food" I smirk.

----

"Where are you taking me?" I laugh as I fumble my way through various corridors with a blindfold on.