(II) 12- Secrets

Jaz's POV

I slowly opened my eyes and i noticed my head wasn't resting on the soft pillow but something much harder, I blink a few times and see I was cuddled into Mitchel's side. His breathing was slow and I look up and see that he was still asleep.

I had missed waking up like this, in his arms. There was something so safe about the way his arm would wrap around me and hold me close, sleeping alone these past few months had been incredibly lonely and sad.

I just enjoy being in his embrace for a few moments before slowly sneaking out of his arms, pulling on one of his shirts and I go downstairs. I take one last look at him and I note how peaceful and innocent he looks when he sleeps, his face was so calm and not a frown in sight like I had come to see so regularly recently.

When I get downstairs there's only two people awake; Jesse and Christian. I knew I wouldn't see Cat as she probably loved sleep more than me so it would be at least 12 before she made an appearance. It was just past ten and I walk into the kitchen where Christian is leaning against the counter and making himself a coffee. Jesse was standing by the door and smoking a cigarette whilst on the phone to someone.

"Hey" I say quietly.

"Hey" He smiles.

He asks me if I want a coffee too and I nod, the caffeine wouldn't go wrong right now. He hands me the warm mug and I send him a thanks before tentatively taking a sip. He sits down across from me on the breakfast bar and sits quietly, there was something wrong with him but I couldn't figure out what.

"I'm surprised you stayed over last night" He comments while stirring his spoon.

"I was tired" I reply.

He gives a nod but doesn't say anything else and I had a feeling he was annoyed with me but I didn't know why. I silently drink from my mug and play around with my phone until Jesse makes a reappearance.

"Ay did someone get lucky last night?" He smirks looking at me.

"No, I just went to sleep" I reply laughing.

"I find that heard to believe Jazzy" He replies.

I laugh and playfully smack him on the side for using his nickname on me that he knew I wasn't a huge fan of, it's what kids used to call me when I was younger and I just never liked it. Once he found that out during one of our drunken conversations, he proceeded to call me It whenever he could to annoy me.

"I didn't do anything" I say firmly.

"So if I asked Mitchel would he say the same then?"

Before I'm able to reply Christian scrapes his mug across the table and interrupts us both.

"She said nothing happened so just drop it yeah?" Christian snaps.

Jesse and I both share a confused glance at Christian's little outburst and I definitely knew now that something was definitely wrong with him, he never just got annoyed with people like this.

"Chill man I'm only kidding" Jesse days throwing up his arms.

"What's wrong with you?" I say.

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you!" He replies.

"What are you talking about Christian?" I ask.

He lets out a loud sigh and closes his eyes for a second before standing up and shaking his head. He throws the rest of the coffee down the drain before setting the mug to the side.

"Christian?" I ask prodding again.

"It doesn't matter" He mutters.

He goes to storm out of the kitchen but I stand in front of him and block him from doing so, even though I was small, I knew he wouldn't push me out the way.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Jaz please move out the way" He says trying to remain calm.

He was avoiding my gaze and wouldn't look at me no matter how many times I said his name.

"If you don't move out the way I'm going to end up saying something I'll regret and I don't want that" He explains in a softer tone.

"You can talk to me you know that" I say softly reaching up to touch his face in a comforting manner.

"Don't touch me" He says in an irritated manner moving his head away.

I didn't know why he was being like this and it kind of hurt that whatever was bothering him, he couldn't trust me with it. We were best friends and yet he didn't feel like he could speak to me like I spoke to him about all my problems.
He looked so sad and I just wanted to make him feel better like he had done so many times for me in the past. We just stared at eachother, neither of us knowing what to say. We had never argued like this before and so I didn't know the protocol of what to do next.

"I have to go" He says lowly.

"Christian please" I beg softly.

He pushed past me but careful not to hurt me and I followed him out to the hall, I didn't want him to go with us having not resolved the issue.

"Jaz leave me alone okay?" He sighs.

"Just tell me what's wrong" I say.

I didn't think I was being unreasonable but he was making out like I was asking him to do something incredibly hard, I just wanted to know what was wrong, I was worried for him.

"Tell her" Mitchel says.

I didn't even notice he was there and he still looked tired, I presume he had not long awoken, our little argument probably woke him up. There he stood at the bottom of the staircase staring down at his both and he held an emotion I couldn't really decipher but I know he wasn't happy.

Christian sent Mitchel a glare that if looks could kill, Mitchel would be six feet under. Mitchel let out a laugh but not a nice friendly one, it was one where you were annoyed and angry, so angry. I could see it now, the way his jaw was locked and his lips had formed into a scowl; Mitchel was angry. But why?

"Just fucking tell her" Mitchel says.

"Shut up" Christian warns.

"Oh come on" He replies "It's not like it isn't obvious"

By this point we had already woken the others and Clinton and Cat had creeped out of their room and stood at the doorway looking just as confused as I did. Great, now there was an audience.

"Mitchel stop" Christian says looking defeated.

"Tell her or I will" He says pointing to me.

Christian just shakes his head slowly looking angry and sad at the same time. He looked broken and I was passed this whole situation, I needed someone to just explain what was going on.

"Can someone just tell me what the hell is happening?" I ask throwing my hands up.

"Christian likes you" Mitchel replies quickly earning a very annoyed glare from Christian.

"Well I'd hope so we're friends I-"

"No Jaz" He interrupts shaking his head.

I look over at Christian but his eyes were trained on the floor and didn't dare look at me or anyone else, almost like a dog when they know they've done something wrong and their owner tells them off.

"He's in love with you"

----

Another chapter for ya beautiful faces ❤️

Let me know what y'all think.....

But a foreword, this is not the big twist in the story and if anything this is just a small chip into the big dent coming later on 🤫