(II) 14- selfish

Jaz's POV

The past few days had been difficult to say the least, Christian was doing everything in his power to avoid me and everyone else too for that matter. I just wanted to talk to him about it but he would just blank me and go to his room where he locked himself away for hours at a time. I was beginning to grow worried about him, this wasn't good for him or for anyone in Here, the house was so tense and Mitchel was still fairly annoyed about the whole thing.

I didn't know what to feel, I had never expected things to play out like this. Christian was my friend, my best friend. But now Christian has feelings for me and that changes everything, especially when I was trying to work things out with Mitchel.

I had been staying here for the few days in the hope that I could catch Christian in the few rare hours he reappeared out of his room but I had no successful attempts yet and I guess the whole me being here and sleeping in the same room as Mitchel wasn't helping that.

Mitchel and I had been doing good despite everything else, we had become reacquainted with eachother and spending the nights laying beside him were something I had dreamed of so often on our break, it still didn't feel real. We would share soft kisses here and there but never anything more and we never spoke of where we were or what we are, we were just enjoying being around one another again.

Although I was happy things were going well with Mitchel I couldn't help but let my mind stop over to Christian and he would consume my thoughts often. I felt terrible, that the thought of me was hurting him and making him shut himself off to everyone. I just wanted to help him but I knew that the best way to do that was to leave him alone as much as I just wanted to fall in his arms and speak over things like we always did. I missed my best friend.

I was currently sitting in the kitchen drinking some coffee while the others went to go get food, I decided to stay as I didn't sleep well last night and I kept having nightmares that even Mitchel's comforting words couldn't soothe.

I hear the creak of Christian's door echo throughout the house and the sound of him making his way downstairs. I presume he was only making an appearance as he thinks that we had all left. He walks in the room rubbing his eyes looking as tired as me and jumps slightly upon seeing me sitting here.

"Shit I didn't realise you were here" He mumbles getting ready to leave again.

"Don't go" I beg "Please"

He stops in his tracks mentally debating on what to do and I knew this was my chance to speak to him about all of this mess and I had to take it.

"Can we please talk about it?" I ask.

I didn't need to specify what about because he already knew, it was as obvious as anything could ever be, it was the only thing circulating around the house recently. He gives a soft nod and sits down at the breakfast bar alongside me looking at me with the sad eyes I hated seeing.

"I'm so sorry" He says.

"Why are you apologising?" I ask confused.

"Because I've messed everything up" He sighs "Everyone hates me"

My heart bled for him and seeing him so down was killing me, if it was anyone's fault; it was me.

"They don't hate you" I reassure him.

"Mitchel definitely does" He mumbles.

"He doesn't hate you" I reply "He just needs time"

I knew it was a shitty response but I didn't know what else to say. Mitchel was annoyed and I knew it wouldn't be able to be fixed right away but him and Christian were best friends and so I was confident they could push past it, or at least I hope they could.