(II) 7- ice cream

Jaz's POV

I was out shopping by myself as Cat was spending time with Clinton at the beach. They did invite me to join but I didn't want to intrude or feel like a third wheel so I decided to go explore the city on my own. I needed to clear my head as I had so many emotions running through it.

I had already broken my own rule several times within being here a few days by seeing Mitchel, going to the show and actually telling Mitchel I'd consider taking him back. I wasn't even sure if I wanted to get back into that but seeing him sitting across from me looking so broken made me feel terrible, I had to give him something to hold onto. Maybe we might end up together again one day but with the way he was behaving recently I knew that wouldn't be anytime soon.

My phone buzzed and I checked to see it was Mitchel, speak of the devil. It was a phone call and I was somewhat glad because I would feel bad if it was another text to add to the list of messages I never replied to.

"Yes?" I answer.

"You should buy that top" He says.

"What?" I ask confused.

How did he know I was looking at a top? I come to the conclusion he must be near here somewhere and I frantically look around until I spot him but I fail to do so.

"You're not good at this game huh?" He laughs.

"Where are you?" I reply.

I still couldn't see him and I felt a pout forming on my lip from frustration. This was the type of stuff he used to do when we were still together and having him do it again made it feel like we never stopped.

He hangs up the phone and I let out an annoyed sigh as I go back to raking through the rails trying to find my size and giving up on finding him. Suddenly two hands grab my waist and I almost scream but I hear his laugh and I know exactly who it is.

I give him a sharp jab to the side and he winces out of pain while still laughing.

"Ay that's not nice!" He pouts.

"Neither is scaring people" I reply.

"Touché"

He leans against a wall as I flick through the tops feeling his gaze on me.

"What you doing here anyway?" I ask casually.

"I was out shopping and I happened to notice you over here" He replies.

"So it had nothing to do with the fact Clinton told you I was going to be at this exact mall who heard it from Cat who I told this morning no?" I smirk.

"No actually" He smiles "I heard it from Cat directly"

I just shake my head at his cockiness but I'd take it any day over the sad looking boy I seen at the club last night. I wasn't sure if I was liking Cat and Mitchel's new friendship or alliance rather; I knew she was doing all this to play Cupid and get us back together.

"So I was wondering" He begins.

There it was. He was going to ask to do something and I was going to end up finding myself in the trap that was Mitchel Cave and as much as I said all those things to him last night, I needed him to do more than just be his usual charming self.

"Should we get lunch?" He asks.

I finish up my shopping and head towards the cashier to pay for the things in my hand.

"I've already ate" I say.

"Oh" He replies "Well how about ice cream? We could go to the place we went at Christmas"